Hymac 580BT 1969

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Re: Hymac 580BT 1969

Post #121 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:27 pm

I finally managed to get up to the machine yesterday and had a good day working on the machine; Tony Wilson who works for Andrew welded up the oval bucket cylinder eye and the corresponding pin for me and I used a carbide burr in a 110V die grinder to get the hole back to a circular shape as best as I could.
The last part of the broken bearing in the back of the cylinder was also removed and finally I took the front of the arm back to bare metal before priming and then top-coating with paint. The bucket link has also now finally been repaired I have posted just the one shot of this after being bored out; so now I need to rub down and paint the cylinder then assemble it when the newly chromed and sealed rod come back from repair.
Finally I have two new steel feed pipes to fit along the top of the boom along with new flexible hoses that I will get made up should finish this part of the machine restoration.

Jeremy

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Re: Hymac 580BT 1969

Post #122 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:03 pm

Just a quick update; here is the finished bucket link, just got to get it back to the machine and painted now. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Return to “Excavators”