Okay so I have managed to get a little more done; although I had not really wanted to start on the cosmetics of the Poclain with the coming winter I want to try and at least get the cab weatherproof so I made a start, the roof was covered in light rust but also had a couple of holes in it that required some filler so I cleaned it all off using my angle grinder and flap-discs. Some filler, two coats of primer and a top coat later I was happy with it, there is supposed to be a chap coming along to put some cab glass in it for me I will be a lot happier then.
I went up there last Thursday with the intention of doing more to the cab but the weather was too wet to permit painting so I decided to tackle the rest of the loose bolts that hold the slew motor in place; there was two that are awkward to get to but I managed to get the old bolts out and two new ones in, the one last loose bolt on the other side which was easier to get on with spanners was more of a problem but with a bit of perseverance I was able to get that out. There was what looked like a loose smaller bolt so I chiselled it off and knocked out what I found to be one of two dowels, these are 17mm diameter so no-standard as I did ask my fastener supplier. I have arrowed this on the one photo, it looks like there is a bolt missing but there is actually a dowel in there, this is an easy fix for me another time.