Greenstar Materials Recovery MP site

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

Topic author
gbarnewall

Greenstar Materials Recovery MP site

Post #1 by gbarnewall » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi all,

Not too sure if this is the right place,I have some photos from my place of work,Dublin's if not Irelands biggest C&I and C&D waste handling and processing centre

First up is one of our Shredders,its an M&J 2 shaft 8 knife "sizer",this is my boss in getting ready for a shift on hardfacing the knives,this is one scary place to be even when the machine is all locked out and shut down
URL of the original image: http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5859/cimj002.jpg

More photos to come of static plant modifications and installation of a new line,Terex Fuchs materials handlers and cranes :D

Topic author
gbarnewall

Re: Greenstar Materials Recovery MP site

Post #2 by gbarnewall » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:48 pm

Here is our 340 fuchs with Arden 1705 selector grab loading C&I waste into the same M&J sizer posted above,nom nom nom,these M&J's have a big big apetite :shock:

URL of the original image: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/762/copyofworkpicsandmodels.jpg

Topic author
gbarnewall

Post #3 by gbarnewall » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Next up was a small modification,a "long piece separator" to remove pieces of timber,plastic piping,pvc frames,anything over a certain length which can cause blockages further on in the system,this involved splitting that long conveyor on the left in two,lowering the top half by about 8ft to install the LPS

URL of the original image: http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/904/kavanaghac50001.jpg

URL of the original image: http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5439/kavanaghac50006.jpg

URL of the original image: http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6509/kavanaghac50008.jpg

URL of the original image: http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2852/kavanaghac50003.jpg

more to come :)

liebherr112fan

Post #4 by liebherr112fan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:58 pm

that is the place for the FUCHS in the middle of a scrap pile lol

Nice shots of the Kavanagh, hope there is alot more ????????????????
Regards
Liebherr112Fan

Jeremy Rowland

Post #5 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:02 am

Nice pictures there Graham :thumbup: the shredder is one hell of a machine and quite surreal in many ways, there was and indeed still is a local company in these parts that owned one of the first fragmentizers in the country, that was Dunn Bros of Smethwick.
The frag/shredder they own now chops up complete cars and seperates all the materials, the price for fragmentized scrap is thus much higher than that of "pressed & sheared" that you would get out of a typical car crusher.

Jeremy

Topic author
gbarnewall

Post #6 by gbarnewall » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:02 am

Here are some progress pics of the LPS job mentioned above,the main conveyor from the M&J sizer has be made smaller with the smaller half removed and walkways and LPS installed,the smaller section then reinstalled,but the tail drum about 8ft lower than the LPS

Now this is the removal of a vibrating feeder which was part of an eddy current conveyor in the timber line,the eddy current conveyor had been out of commission for some time,so it just acted as a normal conveyor,fed by the vibrating feeder,this unit was removed as the vibrating feeder solved a big problem in the above pictured LPS,reducing the height material fell from one conveyor to the next by about 8ft,reducing the risk of damage to the conveyor belts and impact beds

Topic author
gbarnewall

Post #7 by gbarnewall » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:16 am

Next up was the cutting and removal of large sections of the reinforced concrete walls to allow installation of more conveyors and walking floor feeder,hired in was Kavanagh Crane Hire's Terex Demag AC100-4 which only a few months previously the 1/50 model was released,so I was excited about this :D :D

these photos were taken on my phone so the quality is not the best,big hole in the wall here,I did miss the block being lifted out but if I can remember correctly it weighed in about 12 tonne

Attaching chains to the 2nd block to be lifted,this area now houses a walking floor feeder

Another area of the shed now,and some smaller blocks to be lifted,these are removed to incorporate a fire suppression system for a new shredder and also an access door to the platform which will house the Untha shredder

argie
Flag: Wales

Post #8 by argie » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:15 am

Nice set of photos Graham :claphands:
Paul

liebherr112fan

Post #9 by liebherr112fan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:44 pm

Graham,

good progress so as the main fitter it looks like your going to be a busy man, but great to see you managed to get some Photos in your Busy days,

Keep them coming buddy

Regards
Liebherr112
Regards
Liebherr112Fan

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”