road closure

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

Topic author
jcb4cx
Flag: Great Britain

road closure

Post #1 by jcb4cx » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:30 pm

what a week .with the fire last night ,then on Thursday morning ,i got knocked down at work by a white van man :doh:
we have a full road closure in place during the works
one end of the road is physically blocked by concrete barriers
anyhow Thursday morning i collect the digger from the farm its parked on where we are working ,as i drive down through the closure a van comes up behind me and follows me all the way down ,i stop to drop the water pump off at the hole we are working from ,and mention to the driver of the van that the roads closed and he can go no further
(barrier just around corner)for this i get some verbal ,but thats nothing new in this job i tell him there are plenty of signs out and he should read them
i drop pump on floor and as i go to the front bucket to get the hose's he pulls slightly into a driveway ,as i walk back with the hose's more verbal starts ,so i tell him he best f&*k off now as i am getting the hump
i turn with my back to the van and walk to the pump
i hear lots of revving ,wheels spin on gravel ,as i twist to look bang i am on the floor
now i get up pretty pi$$ed off ,and i am going to plant this twat good and proper ,as i wrench the door open he has a look of sheer fear on his face
a little voice in my head is saying don't hit him
so i grab keys out of ignition tell him hes in the shit big time and go to digger to phone supervisor to get police out ,he follows saying sorry sorry ,and i tell him to keep the fxxk away from me
i get into digger and grab phone ,he has now changed his tune and is ranting for his keys back ,i tell him no chance until police get here and pull door shut
next thing the doors out of my hand and hes trying to get in to cab
a size 12 in the chest put him into the ditch and super is getting police out
he now wanders off back to van as hes a bit winded

police arrive etc and back door of van (sprinter) has dent in and imprints of pump hose in dirt ,police are going to charge him with careless driving ,failing to obey a traffic order
he his going to make a claim off assault against me so i am just thinking of a whip cash claim maybe
lucky i am not hurt just a sore shoulder
every village has one , is yours missing you

Martyn Henley

Re: road closure

Post #2 by Martyn Henley » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:46 pm

:o blimey Graham you dont need that sort of thing ... i was reading an article on this sort of thing happening over Tonbridge way, that was a water job as well ... but that was down right nasty... at least you did not have to threaten him with your big mates eh :o :lol:

Martyn

Neversweat

Post #3 by Neversweat » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:00 pm

Should have dug a big hole and buried his keys :lol: - And him - And his van :lol:

Steve

Neversweat

Post #4 by Neversweat » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:01 pm

Put it in the accident book :thumbup:

Martyn Henley

Post #5 by Martyn Henley » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:40 pm

Here is the link to the article, no where as bad as what happened to you though
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-12201466

Martyn

Neversweat

Post #6 by Neversweat » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:56 pm

Years ago when i was on Recovery i went out to a Metro that went round the closure signs - Shame about the trench across the road he failed to see :claphands: :claphands: :claphands:

Steve

Jeremy Rowland

Post #7 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:01 pm

What on earth is wrong with people? Which part of ROAD CLOSED do they not understand? :roll:

Jeremy

Neversweat

Post #8 by Neversweat » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:02 pm

jcb4cx wrote: he his going to make a claim off assault against me so i am just thinking of a whip cash claim maybe
lucky i am not hurt just a sore shoulder

Can you claim for assault :?: - i'd have thought thats a Police job or a civil action against you if the Police don't/won't do anything ?
Where does he live :?: :?: :?:
You know what they say - Trouble follows trouble :lol:

Steve

Topic author
jcb4cx

Post #9 by jcb4cx » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Martyn Henley wrote::o blimey Graham you dont need that sort of thing ... i was reading an article on this sort of thing happening over Tonbridge way, that was a water job as well ... but that was down right nasty... at least you did not have to threaten him with your big mates eh :o :lol:

Martyn

i tend to be able to look after myself ;) and i have a big brother :thumbup:

Jeremy Rowland wrote:What on earth is wrong with people? Which part of ROAD CLOSED do they not understand? :roll:

Jeremy

we must have 10 signs out in a 1 mile strech with pinch points etc ,people still tell us we have no signs out ,i usualy offer to drive round with them and show them the signs and they must give me a tenner for each one ,no one has taken me up yet :lol:

steve he told the police he was going to his local station to make a complaint ,good luck to him :D
every village has one , is yours missing you

bigkit

Post #10 by bigkit » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:33 pm

If you kicked him while he was pushing into your cab to prevent you from phoning the police then surely its self defence! :thumbup: If he's white then no problem.............if he's black, asian or just dark looking, heaven forbid a poof, then I'm sorry you'll be pretty much f*ck*d whatever! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”