New Job

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

tone_rmz250

Re: New Job

Post #61 by tone_rmz250 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:37 pm

I wasnt taking offence by it dont worry! what I meant was that if I was trying to explain this problem to some people they might think he doesnt no what hes talking about because hes only a youngster you understand what I mean! please dont worry about it! :thumbs_up:

Robban_C

Post #62 by Robban_C » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:09 am

Ok. The misunderstanding was mine. Oh, how embarassing. :oops: :D
I´ve said it before but it doesn´t hurt repeating:
"Remember that there are some of us here (and there hopefully will be even more of us) that don´t have English as our native tounge." I wrote that in another thread. Although I do quite well with your language it´s still easy to misunderstand.
And I understand that you don´t want anyone to believe that you´re one of the beginners. :thumbs_up:

Holger:
Would it be a good idea to use identification numbers as links for the posts? I´m pretty sure the function exists on the system but it isn´t printed in the posts. I was looking for such a link in the post that I quoted above.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

tone_rmz250

Post #63 by tone_rmz250 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:24 pm

no dont worry! i am so impressed with the fact that you can speak my/our native tongue so well! us britsh are quite rude and ignorant to other people languages! im sure that if you asked 99% of british people they would not be able to speak any other language as fluent as you can!!!!! :thumbs_up: the only other language i no is a very limit number of french words!! but there would be no way i could string together a proper sentence!!! :thumbs_up: so please dont worry if you get a little confused sometimes!! and if theres anything we say that you dont understand dont be affraid to ask :thumbs_up:

Robban_C

Post #64 by Robban_C » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:50 am

I´m blushing all over. :oops: :D

tone_rmz250 wrote:... a little confused sometimes!! ...
Sometimes? I´m always confused but that goes for talking Swedish as well. :mrgreen:

Everyone learn English at school in Sweden, we started when I was about 10 years old. But I have studied some extra English as an adult as well. Is not life about learning and improving everything that is useful? Imagine a life just sitting on your fat as* without learning anything at all.
And CMN as well as the English threads on Maskinisten has really taught me a lot. :thumbs_up:

And for me there is a big difference between writing and speaking English as I am stuttering. Very little when I am talking Swedish but quite a lot when I am talking English.
But it doesn´t show on the Internet. :mrgreen:

Enough of this as we are off topic. :thumbs_up:
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #65 by Holger » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:18 pm

Robban_C wrote:Holger:
Would it be a good idea to use identification numbers as links for the posts? I´m pretty sure the function exists on the system but it isn´t printed in the posts. I was looking for such a link in the post that I quoted above.

If you hold the mouse over that button on the top right side of a single post you can have the immideately link to the post: Image
That is what you mean?
Some resources:
How-To

Robban_C

Post #66 by Robban_C » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:29 pm

Oh. There you see! Very good Holger. :thumbs_up:
I didn´t know that.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #67 by Nick Drew » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:47 pm

Nick Drew wrote:Well my latest job is proving to be a slow starter :dizzy: for the past 2 days I have spent more time stood around then working :roll:

I am operating a 2005 Volvo EC210B with 5,400 hrs on the clock, and for most of the time I think I am going to be used as a crane lifting drill rods :shock: I will post photos of this operation as the job progresses. ;)

Nick :mrgreen:

Well here are a trio of photos from the job I am currently on, its a bit of a change from the usual earthworks type jobs but very interesting none the less.

We are working on hire to Bolton (Lancs) based company A.E. Yates Trenchless Solutions and the job involves drilling for 690 metres to install water pipe without disrupting the countryside, there have been a lot of problems with this job which was only scheduled to last 8 wks but has now been ongoing for 18 months!! :dizzy:

There have been a lot of tunnel collapses and some tough ground to drill through, A French company have now been brought in to perform the drilling using a large Vermeer drilling rig of which I hope to get some photos of next week when my machine is moving to attend with the larger drill rods that need to be loaded onto the machine.

The Vermeer operator Serge has been all over the world performing this kind of work and is very experienced I am hoping to encourage him to join up with us at CMN in the future to report on other jobs he is working on :thumbs_up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #68 by Nick Drew » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:25 pm

Here are some photos from today (Friday Nov 23) as we prepare the water pipe for the "Pull" tomorrow (Saturday).

The Vermeer drill rig will pull the 690 mtrs of water pipe on the day, this operation is expected to take about 7 hrs if the operation goes to plan :dizzy: I think it could be a long day!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #69 by Nick Drew » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:33 pm

GROUNDWORKER BOGGED IN!!

Ok here are a couple of shots of our young 18 yr old groundworker Kevin, who became stuck in mud today, I had to track over to him and pull him out with some chains attached to to the Volvo EC210B

Sorry for the poor quality of the second photo :dizzy: I was laughing so much that the camera got the "shakes" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nick :mrgreen:

Ross

Post #70 by Ross » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:37 pm

Ha Ha Ha least he put a brave face on :D

Did you pull him out with the chains? :dizzy:

Ross

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”