Flying Jacuzzi.

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

Topic author
Jack

Flying Jacuzzi.

Post #1 by Jack » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:26 pm

Well, We got a 1/2 ton jacuzzi on friday and 10 of us struggled to get it of the back of a lorry, The driver was scared it was to heavy for the tail-lift. So Monday We stood around for a bit think of different ways to get into the cellar and then across the swimming pool.

Around 11 we rung Hewden up, and told 'em to send us a 60 tonner to lift it over the house and down into the basment. By 12 we could hear the Terex-Demag AC 55-L Coming up the Road, He Turned round in the small space with the all wheel steer and reversed up to the House. I helped the driver set the outriggers and pads. Brian, The crane driver, Lifted the boom, I unhooked the the hook from its "Noose" On the front and he slew 180, to pick up some more counterweight. He opened the tackle Box and grabbed two strapps and hooked up some chain. Me my Dad, Uncle and the Painter fed the straps under the the cuzzi while Bryan extend the boom fully and lowered the chains down to us, Hooked it up, and the Head banksman (Me :lol: ) Told him to take the strain, With the proper sign , Oppening and clenching your hand. As it got just abbove the house my Dad, Uncle and the Painter Went round the back to lower it in. As Brian couldnt see the load and didnt have any two way radios on him, I had to stand out the fromt of the house through the the Sun loung where my dad was on the patio and could see into the bassment Where My Uncle and the Painter where. As my dad signaled to me what to me, I then signaled to Bryan What to do, After around 5 minutes of Fantastic operating from Brian The cuzzi Hit the Deck, In a controlled way, Of course :roll: :thumbs_up: Brian Lifted away and slwed back round to where a lorry driver dropped his load with a moffet and asked if we could lift that down to where the plasterers where, So we did the same again Untill we had done all the lifts. Brian Then let me have a little go, Great Little crane to drive by the way :D We packed up and had some lunch. And then got all the van drivers to move so Brian could go.

Sorry for going on a bit.

Regards
Jack
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Flying Jacuzzi.

Post #2 by Martyn Henley » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:28 pm

Great post Jack :thumbs_up: well told story with good pics

Martyn

Topic author
Jack

Post #3 by Jack » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:40 pm

Thanks Martyn, The rest Of the Pictures :thumbs_up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John Gaunt

Post #4 by John Gaunt » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:57 pm

I agree with Martyn. Great post, Jack. good story, must be one of the most expensive Jacuzzis around by the time it's been installed !
Keep em coming !!

Topic author
Jack

Post #5 by Jack » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:03 pm

Did I say it Has a 51 or 52 Inch TV Built In wich Pops up? :lol: :lol: :lol:

tim

Post #6 by tim » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:25 pm

Nice pictures Jack is the AC 55 a PPM made Demag like the AC35? :thumbs_up: Tim

Topic author
Jack

Post #7 by Jack » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:05 pm

Sorry For the Slow reply Tim, Yeah It looks like a PPM Cab, So :?: Your Bound to be right :thumbs_up:

nick lamb

Post #8 by nick lamb » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:05 pm

great pics and an interesting story to go with it mate.
Would it not be cheaper to fart in the bathtub though?

Topic author
Jack

Post #9 by Jack » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:19 pm

Thanks Nicky, Yeah those millionares do some big farts :thumbs_up:

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”