Plant Training Site

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

Topic author
Nick Drew

Plant Training Site

Post #1 by Nick Drew » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:14 pm

Today I was paying a visit to a plant training facility in Cornwall to see what is involved in the job of Instructing and NVQ/Assessing, it's going to be a massive career change for me but I think it could be a good move for me considering the current climate!!

Here's a few pics

Nick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IBH

Re: Plant Training Site

Post #2 by IBH » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:59 pm

Somebody tell the instructor he's at risk of being crushed if the New Holland is running. :P

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Martyn Henley » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:52 pm

Now that would be a job that would drive me crackers Nick .. :dizzy:
But i wish you well, :thumbs_up:

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by Joes1989 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:19 pm

Well put it this way you cant be any worse than the guy who gave me my ticket! Lets just say he's a total arse... I dont think i could train people how to operate machines as id much rather be in the seat myself.

Joe

Robban_C

Post #5 by Robban_C » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:12 am

Nick, teaching is very much about pedagogy and not as much as you can believe about being good at what you are teaching although it of course helps if the teacher knows the subject well.
And pedagogy is something that some people have congenital. Those are very good teachers without even having to study pedagogy while those that do not have pedagogy congenital will never be more than mediocre no matter how much they study pedagogy.
So a very good driver can be a mediocre teacher/instructor if he lacks the pedagogy.
The perfect teacher/instructor would probably be a good driver with lots of experience on the subject (that is you my friend! ) combined with a good talent for teaching (pedagogy).
Only you know if you have that teaching talent but I wish you lots of good luck anyway. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

I dont know if I am using the word "congenital" the right way? I just picked it from a dictionary but it is about having a property characteristic "from birth" without having learned it in school. Maybe I should have used the term "being talented"?
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

martyn williams

Post #6 by martyn williams » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:02 pm

Good luck nick.If it don't work out you can go back to operating.Like IBH,I can't believe that the instructor in the photo is in that area of the machine.One touch of the slew lever :dizzy:

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”