burst

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

Topic author
d4c24a

burst

Post #1 by d4c24a » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:12 pm

got called out saturday at 5 pm to a burst on a 10" main ,the digger was as usual nowhere near the burst ,so after 2 hours traveling arrive on site just as the light faded ,a quick scan of the site and plans showed no other utilitys on this side of the road ,so we dug down to find a egg sized hole,a trip to the yard to get a clamp and job done ,a nice bit of overtime :thumbs_up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Topic author
d4c24a

Re: burst

Post #2 by d4c24a » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:27 pm

got called out yesterday morning at 6.30 to an 18" PVC main that had burst down a sh1ty muddy track typical as i wash my machine at Christmas by the time the main was shut and drained i had it dug out by 11 o clock ,PVC splits from collar to collar ,the new pipe was delivered with the wrong couplings ,then more wrong couplings were brought out, finally at 7.00 the right size step couplings had been located and delivered it was pieced up and some weight put on it the water company then charged the main up we checked for leaks,backfilled and i got home at 11.30 pm had a kebab ,can of the black stuff bath and bed :thumbs_up:
today i have washed the digger again :dizzy:
happy new year everyone
graham
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

tone_rmz250

Re: burst

Post #3 by tone_rmz250 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:57 pm

just what you need at 6.30 in the morn! fair bit of overtime coming to you this week then graham! i see you had to take the good machine on that job haha!! :D

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”