A Little Help....

Do you have a site around the corner? Show us the progress, discuss the approach ...

Topic author
L.Kezz
Flag: Great Britain

A Little Help....

Post #1 by L.Kezz » Fri May 15, 2009 12:33 am

Hey Guys,
My ideal career would be to operate mining machinery, for example the RH120C shovel, however, I haven't got the foggiest idea how to get in to something like this, what licenses do I need? Do I have to start small and work my way up? The internet gives me very little information if any at all, any help will be much appreciated? I have a feeling it will be impossible for me to get into it though

Many Thanks,
Luke
Cheers

L.Kezz

komatsu d475-1

Re: A Little Help....

Post #2 by komatsu d475-1 » Fri May 15, 2009 11:30 am

Hi Luke,
If u have no experience operating plant then u should start labouring for a smallish company so u actually see how things are done and pick up tips by watching experienced people.Theres a better chance that u may get a chance to have a go on a machine with a smaller company where after a period of time practising and getting the feel for it u would be able to do a course to get u started. Larger companys are more likely to rule this out due to health and safety regulations.With the cost of machines no one is going to put some one with no experience into a large machine but dont be disalusioned by this as if ur keen enough and are prepared to be in for the long haul then theres no reason why u cant end up operating whatever machine u want to.Hope this helps,
Cheers Mervyn

Return to “Workplaces/Job reports”