Whatever happened to the British Engineering Industry ?

Discuss large and small companies here.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Whatever happened to the British Engineering Industry ?

Post #51 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:53 am

Patrick there are two sides to every argument but there are very few people who can see both sides understand both sides and see the clear path forward sadly the words common and sense are rarely applied by most of the human race but I guess that's what life is about, sadly you only have to open the history books to see what's possible, I truly wonder just how many times history has to repeat itself before humanity learns its lesson.

Jeremy

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #52 by FOWLER MAN » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:13 am

Hi All,
I note your request to get back to topic Jeremy, but as a proud Welsh Man who considers himself first and foremost to be British I will have my say.

To those who worry about the economy I would say that I worry more about the economy of the rest of Europe. Not ours.
Greece is bankrupt and the other Southern European Countries, Italy, Spain and Portugal together with the Eastern European Countries which have more recently joined have struggling economies and the Euro itself is not in good health.
This will inevitably lead to financial crises for them in years to come which will lead to unemployment with more migrants looking for work in the UK.
We will be powerless to stop them! They will be prepared to work for lower wages depressing our economy, lowering our standard of living and putting pressure on our schools, housing and health services.

To those who are "not" concerned for our Sovereignty Obama set off a train of thought for me when he poked his nose in recently and said he was entitled to an opinion because tens of thousands of American Troops had paid the ultimate price to help free Europe from oppression during the war.
I think that like the hundreds of thousands of British and Commonwealth troops who fought for our Freedom and Sovereignty in two World Wars they would turn in their graves if they could see the way we have betrayed them. We have rolled over in submission, and willingly surrendered the Freedom and Sovereignty they fought for to Brussels.
I guess you know which way I'll be voting now.
"There's no gain without pain."
Fred

topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #53 by topkit » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:59 pm

Good on you Fred and as you and everyone else reads this post a lot of other people including myself also voted the same as you, we are now officially out! I love my country and hate what has been done to it over the past few years, i live in Kent where the heart of the Battle of Britain was fought when just 2500 brave boys and young men took to their Spitfires and Hurricaines day and night to fight and ultimately save our country, my vote was in respect of "the Gallant Few" who gave so much for us along with all of our other servicemen and women, they all for sure did not pay the ultimate sacrifice for what has been happening! i cannot understand why any English or British person could ignore the way our sovereignty was being erroded away but faceless beaurocrats and i cannot understand our MP'S letting this happen but we all know why they did infact Mr Kinock being one of the worst going out to Brussells lining his own pockets, well their Gravy Train has now been derailed big time.

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #54 by Mrsmackpaul » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:14 am

A question from the other side of the world and sorry but it is off topic

Is UK out of EU as of yesterday or does act's of Parliament have to be changed first and if so is there any time frame ???

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

mechman

Post #55 by mechman » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:45 am

Are we going back to thousands of an inch then. :D

Mrsmackpaul

Post #56 by Mrsmackpaul » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:06 pm

mechman wrote:Are we going back to thousands of an inch then. :D

I dunno what your talking about we never stopped using thousands of a inch in Australia :wtf: :wtf:

Paul

pv83

Post #57 by pv83 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:32 pm

Mrsmackpaul wrote:A question from the other side of the world and sorry but it is off topic

Is UK out of EU as of yesterday or does act's of Parliament have to be changed first and if so is there any time frame ???

Paul

I believe it takes two more years to end the "deal" with the EU, but I've read in some newspaper that they're looking into a procedure to kick out the UK a bit sooner then that.
Oh well, the people have spoken, time to sit back now and see what happens next.

Cheers, Patrick

Martyn Henley

Post #58 by Martyn Henley » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:32 pm

Mrsmackpaul wrote:A question from the other side of the world and sorry but it is off topic

Paul

Prime minister will have to sign article 50 of the EU Treaty

In force since 2009 but never tested
Allows governments to notify intent to leave. Talks then begin on a range of issues between the leaving nation and other EU members
If no deal is reached, membership will automatically cease two years after notification
The article is only a basic template for leaving, settling the date and some other matters. It does not automatically include issues such as movement of people or trade. The latter could take years to conclude

But for the moment we have a Prime minister who has resigned, so until we have an general election, or tory leadership battle, nothing will happen.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #59 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:54 pm

I think it was really a vote for common sense :shock: yes I must confess that I thought the British public had not got it in them but I am happy that we are free from the shackles of Brussels; the establishment got it wrong and misjudged just how pissed off the general public are with rules and laws coming from abroad and unwanted migrants being taken in.

The migrant crisis is easy to sort just send them back and those who get here illegally do the same, do not issue them with an N.I. number so they cannot claim any money. If we truly wanted to help these people then we would assist them to sort out their own country and that does not mean greedy capitalist arms firms making money or greedy banks or developers fleecing them. Capitalism really needs strong laws bringing in to prevent the establishment from attempting to implement their own agendas; I have nothing against money making or business in general and if somebody works hard and makes themselves rich then good for them, but when they tread on other peoples toes to do so then something should be done about it.

As for Europe there is no hatred of the peoples of any of these countries and I just feel that other countries in Europe need to rise up and destroy the EU as it has become a cumbersome millstone around all of our necks.
Sorry for the soapbox ramble. :backto:

Jeremy

Mrsmackpaul

Post #60 by Mrsmackpaul » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Thanks for the replies I thought something must happen first as in a procedure the news out here paints the picture that the UK wakes up the next morning and its all sorted thought there must be more to it than that

Jeremy Rowland wrote:If we truly wanted to help these people then we would assist them to sort out their own country

I feel most people in Australia feel the same way the common sense thing to do would be to try and help people sort their own issues in their own country so they dont have to leave

But then again that thing common sense is in short supply these days

Paul

Return to “Companies”