H Leverton & Co. Spalding Depot

Discuss large and small companies here.

widget
Flag: Great Britain

Re: H Leverton & Co. Spalding Depot

Post #21 by widget » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:39 am

nick lamb wrote:A Leverton cab for you still at the top of my yard :thumbup:
Pulling a D8 final drive off is former Leverton (Wigan) head of service Kieth Halsall.He would often have 'Levie' Dale Leatherbarrow in tow.
The big guy with his finger on the pulse of the D342 is former Leverton (Wigan) field service engineer Jeff Webster.He is currently one of the directors of Komatsu Mining G.B.
Another 'Levie' fitter with another 'Levie' cab.

Hi NIck,
You should have had some tomato plants in that greenhouse at the top of your yard :lol:
I want to rust out not wear out

Topic author
H Leverton & Co Ltd

Post #22 by H Leverton & Co Ltd » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:51 pm

Spalding Flower Parade saw it's last one ever held this year - These pictures we believe are from the first one held in 1959
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
See my Facebook page - H Leverton & Co. Ltd. Spalding, Lincolnshire - Caterpillar Main Dealer

brian

Post #23 by brian » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:35 pm

vitalogylincs wrote:
Can any of you remember Albert Upson, a welder at Spalding? Used to strike an arc, then keep it going until the electrode was burnt down without looking at it while he was talking to someone. When he chipped the slag it was as good as most of us could do looking what we were doing.

Did Albert Upson go on to work for Tim Hardy the muck spreading contractor? If so then yes I remember him! But I was only a very young lad at the time. My Dad was very good friends with him

Don't recall him working for Tim, but that doesn't mean he didn't. He did a lot for Fenland Tractors in his spare time. Did your father have half of a set up at Moulton Chapel?

vitalogylincs

Post #24 by vitalogylincs » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:32 pm

Don't recall him working for Tim, but that doesn't mean he didn't. He did a lot for Fenland Tractors in his spare time. Did your father have half of a set up at Moulton Chapel?

I seem to remember an Albert being at Tim's but I was only a little lad at the time!

No that would be my Uncle (Peter "Soot" Thorpe) at Moulton Chapel. Set up with Dick Hughes? Dick is still set up at Moulton Chapel.

brian

Post #25 by brian » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:31 pm

vitalogylincs wrote:

I seem to remember an Albert being at Tim's but I was only a little lad at the time!

No that would be my Uncle (Peter "Soot" Thorpe) at Moulton Chapel. Set up with Dick Hughes? Dick is still set up at Moulton Chapel.

Are you in the machinery game as well?

vitalogylincs

Post #26 by vitalogylincs » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:59 am

No only taking photo's of the machinery!

My Dad went down the farming route! Did you know Soot Thorpe then?

Topic author
H Leverton & Co Ltd

Post #27 by H Leverton & Co Ltd » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:16 pm

Recent additions to the FB page
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
See my Facebook page - H Leverton & Co. Ltd. Spalding, Lincolnshire - Caterpillar Main Dealer

Return to “Companies”