LMA Falkland Islands

Discuss large and small companies here.

LDK
Flag: Great Britain

Re: LMA Falkland Islands

Post #11 by LDK » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:12 pm

innes wrote:
LDK wrote:Innes, yes I remember that. I also remember being in the tea cabin one break time and a rock about the size of a hard hat coming through the roof and landing on a table :o At that time they blasted during most of or breaks. Used get the odd stick of jelly in the fill too.
You used to work with a good crew Innes, what was the name of the foreman fitter you worked with when the Loon was there ...... biggish feller and real nice guy?

Big John Mc Corkindale from Kinlochleven in Scotland,Yes he was a good guy but most of the guys on the earthmoving were good craic anyway, had a few good sessions with your good self, changed days now, I'm working mostly on rigs and shipyards worldwide but miss the craic of the old days

Yes thats him. I have a few pictures of one of those nights Innes, some day when I get back to them I will get them scanned and pass them on to you. A good one of you and Ronnie was it ?

innes
Flag: Great Britain

Post #12 by innes » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:32 pm

LDK wrote:
innes wrote:
LDK wrote:Innes, yes I remember that. I also remember being in the tea cabin one break time and a rock about the size of a hard hat coming through the roof and landing on a table :o At that time they blasted during most of or breaks. Used get the odd stick of jelly in the fill too.
You used to work with a good crew Innes, what was the name of the foreman fitter you worked with when the Loon was there ...... biggish feller and real nice guy?

Big John Mc Corkindale from Kinlochleven in Scotland,Yes he was a good guy but most of the guys on the earthmoving were good craic anyway, had a few good sessions with your good self, changed days now, I'm working mostly on rigs and shipyards worldwide but miss the craic of the old days

Yes thats him. I have a few pictures of one of those nights Innes, some day when I get back to them I will get them scanned and pass them on to you. A good one of you and Ronnie was it ?

Yeah Russ, Ronnie Mcfarlane, I met him a few years ago on an open cast site , he was just the same, a really good laugh also met the loon when I was in Hatfield at a meeting during my Liebherr days and we had a few beers, that many in fact that he stayed in my hotel room and had to go a site in the morning at 0600hrs (didnt make tho)

Fractum

Post #13 by Fractum » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:33 am

I was on a 9L on the Stanley rd The quarry Manager Jack Mills used to order 50 doggy bags(Meals for men working away from camp).every sunday so he could keep the caramel bars, and he would throw the rest away. There were only six of us there, no one ever caught on.But as far as waste goes in the Falklands that was nothing. The south atlantic school of motoring.

Tony Chapman

Post #14 by Tony Chapman » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:23 am

I was out there with LMA long time ago now

Return to “Companies”