Andross Plant?

Discuss large and small companies here.

Topic author
Mark Williams

Andross Plant?

Post #1 by Mark Williams » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:31 am

Hello everyone,
Does anyone have any information regarding the above company and where they were from and what their main business was?
I can remember around 1982 on the Merthyr Tydfil bypass job in South Wales that they had a Caterpillar 245 backactor and a mixture of about 14 Terex R50 & R45 dump-trucks that were working down by Troideruw.The trucks were running over the river Taff via a bailey bridge that I can remember.
Any help would be interesting.
Regards,
Mark.

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Re: Andross Plant?

Post #2 by FOWLER MAN » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:14 am

Hello Mark,
I remember those Terrex Trucks working on the A 470 well.
They quarried stone from the mountainside near "The Gap" at Edwardsville and back filled with muck from furter up the valley. Those trucks were running in site of my house for months, they were loaded both ways, stone out and muck back.
I don't know anyting about Andross, but If I remember rightly, they went into receivership near the end of the job.
Fred

bearplant

Re: Andross Plant?

Post #3 by bearplant » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:54 pm

i worked on that job the A470 from the Hoover island at Merthyr to Nelson the Andros trucks came down from Scotland and were on hire to John jones exc ltd your right they had mainly R50s eith a few R45s, the cat 245s 1 on backactor and 1 on face shovel were hired in from Stokey, most of the rest of the kit came from Hawkins.
REGARDS

Les.

Return to “Companies”