KELSTON SPARKES

Discuss large and small companies here.

lynchy

Re: KELSTON SPARKES

Post #21 by lynchy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:35 pm

tctractors wrote:Dicky, I also did a few jobs via P.Strange for a contractor from around your Parish called Roger ??? his yard was his Farm and to say he lived "wild" would be under stating the deal, he wore glasses and seemed to have a never ending supply of fancy cars (Jag's Aston Martins etc) the cars were all full of High Stepping Ladys in Hot Pants, I was changing some blade rams over on a D6C that phil had sold him, your Dad (Brian) was there working on a shovel, a car full of " Pub Ugly's" turned up with the leather gloves on asking me and your dad directions to Rodger in rather rude words, we shrugged our sholders just pointing towards the Farm building, as soon as they moved away from us this Rodger chap flew past us on a push bike peddling like hell,both your dad and myself stood mouth open like dummy's, after about 5 min's the chariot with the "Pub Ugly's" crawled past, I did think they would need to get er' flying to catch up with the speed of the push bike?? another thing I remember was your dad and I both wore motorcycle style wax jackets with 4 pockets to the front, also both hated wearing overalls, I have posted photos of the D9 on another forum site some time ago.

Blowing it on tctractors

p.s. that Rodger might have been Jerry, I am crap on names???

Think there should be a section on here for TC tales,always entertaining,love the 'craic' from 'golden days' of muckshift!top form

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #22 by tctractors » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Dicky, I copped a brain flash today, that "Peddel Demon" was called Reg, he was a great chap to be around, other than he was ether a Millionaire or poorer than a Tramp, but 1 thing was sure, he was great fun and always upto something, I used to sometimes bring Hymac's out of Gwent as a back load to Puckelchurch (Isis Plant) someone their told me that Reg had bought 2 Hymac's on the "glad and sorry" (glad to have em' sorry I have to pay for em') only to go and flog them without sorting the H.P. resulting in a few months/years in the " Big House " I dont know if that was true, but I can sort of see it happening, as Reg was a Nightmare, but hell he could peddle a bike.

the downshift light is flashing tctractors

p.s. Lynchy, I hope you like my rubbish verbs.

dicky

Post #23 by dicky » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:46 pm

tc the only guy i can remember called reg was reg bray who my old man use 2 work with,they both left bowmakers at melksham before bowies relocated to highbridge,reg's son david bray use to work for kelston sparkes before he emigrated out asia way after working on the hong kong airport project.

matd32

Post #24 by matd32 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:17 pm

John Gaunt wrote:Super photos, Robert, thanks for posting them.

:gooodpost:

matd32

Post #25 by matd32 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:19 pm

D2 Robert Knighton wrote:Some photos i took in 2004 at Amesbury

Great photos :thumbup:

dicky

Post #26 by dicky » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:03 pm

hey tc . could it be reg Hopkins ??????

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #27 by tctractors » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:32 pm

Well Mark, if he was keen on high stepping ladys and used to wear glasses, plus seemed to get into all sorts of trouble, he is your man no doubt about it, I was sort of in a trance with the car full of pub uglys with leather gloves on chasing after him, Brian (your Dad) was wetting himself laughing when Reg shot past on the "Molton" ( A bike with little wheels and a basket on the back for shopping) some years later I delivererd 2 newish Hy-Mac 580 C's from the dealers at Pucklechuch down to a site lower than Bath that he had bought on the "Glad and Sorry" that is Glad to have them but Sorry I cannot pay for them???
good days tctractors

p.s. the site the 2 swingers went to was Radstock up a right steep hill, the swingers sort of vanished 1 weekend with Reg ending up in the Queens Hotel for a few months I think???

Return to “Companies”