C J Pryor

Discuss large and small companies here.

cranky the crane

Re: C J Pryor

Post #41 by cranky the crane » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Does any body know a guy from Pryors and Frank Lyons they called Rutter the nutter?? think his real name was Nick??

cat235

Post #42 by cat235 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:48 pm

These pics are great real old school when men were men
Russ

Dieseldog1978
Flag: Great Britain

Post #43 by Dieseldog1978 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:28 am

I used to work for Pryors from 2000 til 2007 when I went off to be a manager.

I used to do the Southern quarries run, all CEMEX pits, with the old Komatsu PC450 and then a CAT 330C after that, it was a great job on the tramp between the pits, our happy band of 4, was me Martin Woods (Will) Mike Cox, Ray Fustel who we traded for Mark Jones, them were the days.

After the recession I went off working abroad and returned in Mar 2016, I was gutted to see that they had folded in Jan 2016.

Very sad to see a great firm with end up on the scrap heap, but it is the modern way, we haven't built any serious infrastructure in decades and the capacity of modern plant means jobs get done fast.

I did a little digging and found that Hargreave holdings did a deal and bought out all their CAT gear and I guess the Komatsu and Volvo stuff went back to them, interesting to note too is that Hargreaves also bought out C A Blackwells for their earthmoving and civils divisions.

I was hoping to get a start back on Pryors when I came back but alas it was not to be, it seems that the 2008 recession took out a lot of the heavy plant guys, I hope to get back in touch with guys like Mark Proctor, Trevor Martin and such, we shall see since I lost touch with many of them after the crash I hope they stayed afloat.

Return to “Companies”