OMG JCB

Discuss large and small companies here.

3CMK1
Flag: Great Britain

Re: OMG JCB

Post #31 by 3CMK1 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:57 pm

The JS..... Im tempted to say its the 520 but knowing JCB its yet another attempt to get into a market they cannot cope with- 50 tonne machinery and above.

Having worked for a JCB dealer I know first hand about the reliability and parts availability for the machines they already have on the market. When a company starts producing big kit they have to have the back up to support it. No company is going to buy a prime mover size product from a company that can't fix machines on site because of the oh so familiar ...... "can't get parts from the supplier until the end of next month mate"
Downtime is not an option in that sector of the market, Its a lot of money stood especially if its loading a fleet of dumpers etc. Until JCB stop being tighter than ducks arses im affraid general construction machines is going to be all they have relative success with producing a 33 tonner seems to be a big ask of them never mind 46 ton and up

Slapping on an awful waste of time and money lookin badge won't make an average product any better.

Just my 2 pence on the matter its sad to say but over the past few years JCB have kind of gone down hill.

Jason :thumbup:

Joes1989

Post #32 by Joes1989 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:59 pm

That to me looks suspiciously like a JS520

jcb4cx

Post #33 by jcb4cx » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:17 am

they are struggling to make a decent backhoe now ,whats with the little lights to tell you the legs are up :dizzy:
cat has thought about it a bit ,and you can pull the lever right back and the legs will come up while you turn the seat around etc
i would say they are becoming a jack of all trades and master of none ,sadly :thumbdown:
every village has one , is yours missing you

Jeremy Rowland

Post #34 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:58 am

As a Quality Manager I hope that some of these sentiments get back to the main boys at JCB, after all "The Customer is King" and customer criticism should be taken note of and acted upon.
I think that JCB what ever your opinion of them are a great British institute and have made a good contribution to this countries economy over the years, sadly many folk are very happy to criticise British made products then when a famous company name suddenly disappears and lots of people loose their jobs everybody cries foul play.
I have noted a lot of criticism of JCB products on this forum and it would be nice to hear a good positive reply to some of these problems from JCB?
I personnally wish JCB every future success and I think that larger machines that are now being offered by the company are also an acknowledgement from them that this is the best way forward in difficult trading times.
Poor Quality has always been the worst enemy of British made products and by personnel experience of working with poorly made British products I have seen with my own eyes famous British manufacturing companies go down the drain.
It pays to listen to what people say about your products and again I know from Hymac whose machines I am an avid fan of, the quality sadly was very lacking where are Hymac now??? GONE thats where :(
The same with Seddon Atkinson trucks absolute crap quality and where are they now??? GONE can you see pattern here??
So please Mr JCB we want your company to succeed, from my trip to your factory on an open day I noted all of your quality forms and documentation in place all Japanese style, very good yes but please listen to your customers concerns because pay day for any job does not come without the customer.
:backto: Again this new logo may look pretty but its not re-inventing the wheel and a new logo does not cure poor quality issues, according to Edwards Deming they start and finish with top management.

Jeremy

XS650

Post #35 by XS650 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:21 am

Souns funny ,but I thought JCB had lost it when they introduced all them awful cheapo hand tools with their brand name on . This must have been approved at the highest level.FFFS.
Not all those who wander are lost.

IBH

Post #36 by IBH » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Here are some more examples of the new logo and colour scheme, on some new JCB products:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joes1989

Post #37 by Joes1989 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Well we've just taken delivery of a a JS220LC thats currently working on the site im on and apart from the bonnet not locking properly it's performed admirably!! The cab guards are a bitch too fit on the cab and in the rack but other that its doing well in the 2 weeks its been in service!

I was talking to a rep from HM Plant the other month and we got talking about JCB and were both in agreement when it come to the machines being poorly made!

The stickers on the backhoes cab now of the Union Jack with "A GREAT BRITISH PRODUCT" on it make me laugh everytime i see it now! Its such a shame as i grew up as a massive JCB fan but now im not really interested!

Angus

Post #38 by Angus » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:10 pm

saw this on the back of a js series rubber duck on the new m74 motorway extension in glasgow and i thought it was an old machine that had been resprayed and first, wasnt untill i clocked the registraion plate and read it was a 10 that i clicked, to me it looks tacky and cheap!

Joes1989

Post #39 by Joes1989 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:53 pm

Well having looked at some pictures of a new JS145 track machine that was at Scotplant i kinda like the look of the new logo on the JS's! Just wish they would spend money on making the damn things better rather than making them look pretty!

Martyn Henley

Post #40 by Martyn Henley » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:07 pm

Did any one notice the JCB telehandlers at the Malaysian GP on sunday all sporting the new logo's

Martyn

Return to “Companies”