Tough at the top JCB

Discuss large and small companies here.

Topic author
newjcb123uk

Tough at the top JCB

Post #1 by newjcb123uk » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:04 am

JCB chief exec Matthew Taylor resigns
(By Neil Gerrard -c/o Contract Journal )

JCB chief executive Matthew Taylor has resigned, after just over a year in the role.

He is to be replaced by Alan Blake, who will take up the post on 1 Janaury 2010.

Taylor joined JCB as managing director of JCB Sales in April 2006 and became group chief operating officer in January 2007.

Blake is currently chief operating officer and has been a senior director at JCB for 20 years.

Taylor's decision to leave the company has prompted several other changes at director-level within the business:

Tim Burnhope becomes group managing director for product development and commercial operations.
Graeme Macdonald becomes group managing director of business operations.
David Bell, managing director of JCB Sales, becomes chief development officer with responsibility for JCB's development in China and Brazil.
David Miller will remain in his post as chief financial officer

Sir Anthony Bamford, JCB chairman, said: "Tim Burnhope and Graeme Macdonald are taking on exciting new roles within the business and they will benefit greatly from the vast experience of Alan Blake, David Miller and David Bell."

"I am confident that this new structure will strengthen JCB's reputation as a leading customer-focused, innovative and cost competitive business. I want to also to thank Matthew for his valuable contribution to JCB and wish him every success in the future."
"A man reaps what he sows"

essexpete

Re: Tough at the top JCB

Post #2 by essexpete » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:06 pm

They have made 40 odd million this year Chris but I don't know how that compares with past. Ag sector up apparently.

Topic author
newjcb123uk

Post #3 by newjcb123uk » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:35 pm

essexpete wrote:They have made 40 odd million this year Chris but I don't know how that compares with past. Ag sector up apparently.

Aye - although I've heard for the fist time in 60 years the books will show a loss next year - this recession is even beyond the mighty JCB immunity - financial swine flu ea? :thumbdown:
"A man reaps what he sows"

essexpete

Post #4 by essexpete » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:42 am

Yes I fear that we are fed bull s from anyone from govt to estate agents in terms of how the economy is really doing. Public sector borrowing gone up again sharply.

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by Martyn Henley » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:31 pm

it is tough at the bottom as well :dizzy:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8370837.stm

Martyn :wave:

essexpete

Post #6 by essexpete » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:45 am

Martyn Henley wrote:it is tough at the bottom as well :dizzy:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8370837.stm

Martyn :wave:

Indeed, that affects alot of families.

IBH

Post #7 by IBH » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:44 pm

Is JCB Utility Products a new name for JCB Compact Products?

Joes1989

Post #8 by Joes1989 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:32 pm

I think utility products are things such as disc cutters,hyd breakers,water pumps etc?
Im prepared to be corrected though!

Joe

modelman093

Post #9 by modelman093 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:52 pm

Wonder if they still employ the t**t that had the bright idea of licensing the JCB name to be used on cheap and nasty plastic lawnmowers and power tools sold in the likes of B & Q? Can't have done their image a lot of good but there again someone once said "there's no such thing as bad publicity" - I think!
Angus

IBH

Post #10 by IBH » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:58 pm

I've been trying to see if I can glean any information about 'JCB Utility Products' from the net albeit without much success, although I did find a reference in a newspaper article to them assembling the Groundhog's.
JCB Utility Products isn't listed in the contact details on JCB's website either :?
JCB have- JCB Compact Products, JCB Earthmovers Ltd and JCB Landpower Ltd listed as being located on the Harewood estate and also JCB Compact Products-Cecily Mills Operations.

I may be wrong but on the Harewood estate I understand JCB has two factories named JCB Compact Products (the former Special Products) and JCB Earthmovers- the latter assemblng wheel loaders, Fastracs and ADT's and the Cecily Mills plant (the former Landpower plant?) is the home of JCB Groundcare?

Regarding Joes1989's comment, JCB have JCB Light Equipment which produces rammers,plate compactors, Powerpacks, single drum pedestrian rollers, floor saws and associated attachments in the new JCB Attachments factory at Uttoxeter, next to the World Parts Centre.

Also I was browsing around JCB's website the other day noticed that the UK site no longer has the MiniCX listed- has it been withdrawn?

Return to “Companies”