J & R Coburn

Discuss large and small companies here.

Topic author
bogtrotter

J & R Coburn

Post #1 by bogtrotter » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:05 pm

Never thought of posting in here before!! our old poclains signwritten 'J&R Coburn' Anybody know anything of them? Machine was new in 1982 and has been repainted 2 shades of brown before having their name put on it.

ian white

Re: J & R Coburn

Post #2 by ian white » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:56 pm

bogtrotter wrote:Never thought of posting in here before!! our old poclains signwritten 'J&R Coburn' Anybody know anything of them? Machine was new in 1982 and has been repainted 2 shades of brown before having their name put on it.

yes i remember them they were from the rhondda they had two poclain 60 s and case 580gs they were a great digger unlike cases current offering i was on hire to these guys with a poclain workin for rees lean at the time they were two brothers doing groundwork nice guys dont know what they do now

Gordon 2

Post #3 by Gordon 2 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Do any of you Holsworthy Guys Know the Summerleaze Andigestion complex ? Its owned by the company we are doing alot of muckshifting and pkant hire for from Maidenhead. ?

Topic author
bogtrotter

Post #4 by bogtrotter » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:18 pm

Are they still about Ian? My Poclains a 60 CKB, had heard may have orriginated in the south (ish) wales area, didn't know if anybody knew of Coburn or not though.

Gordon 2 - yeah Summerleaze's Biogas plant is only a couple of fields out the back of us you can see the chimney from here but gotta go next door to see the domes. That place seems a nighmare, dunno how many owners its had in the last few years and all they seem to do is P!ss people off and mess them about whilst ripping up the roads with tankers 24/7.

go back

Post #5 by go back » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:04 pm

Gordon 2 wrote:Do any of you Holsworthy Guys Know the Summerleaze Andigestion complex ? Its owned by the company we are doing alot of muckshifting and pkant hire for from Maidenhead. ?

we done the earthworks for local building firm j e stacey we had a 330cat,315cat,d5h,and 2xvolvo a25s on site all i remember the ground conditions were apalling :thumbs_up:

Topic author
bogtrotter

Post #6 by bogtrotter » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Dont think they could have picked a worse spot! Think it was T&C of planning that it was built in the bottom like that to keep it as out of site as poss.

ian white

Post #7 by ian white » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:53 pm

bogtrotter wrote:Are they still about Ian? My Poclains a 60 CKB, had heard may have orriginated in the south (ish) wales area, didn't know if anybody knew of Coburn or not though.

Gordon 2 - yeah Summerleaze's Biogas plant is only a couple of fields out the back of us you can see the chimney from here but gotta go next door to see the domes. That place seems a nighmare, dunno how many owners its had in the last few years and all they seem to do is P!ss people off and mess them about whilst ripping up the roads with tankers 24/7.

i dont know they have probably retired now they were a subbie to gallifords in cardiff the owner used to drive the 60 was looked after didnt dog the digger

Return to “Companies”