Dick Hampton

Discuss large and small companies here.

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Dick Hampton

Post #171 by bigkit » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:24 pm

Bloody shame, I've got loads of pics of Hamptons to share but this bloody site wont let me upload them! I'm fed up!!!!!!! I'll give them to classic plant magazine and you'll have to buy them instead. :arrrrgh: Such a shame this site has gone to pieces! Apologies

Paxmanmerv
Flag: Wales

Post #172 by Paxmanmerv » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:28 pm

Dang!
Would love to see them especially any with draglines. With luck i might get to spot my old pa in them!

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #173 by Holger » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:08 pm

Clive I PMed you!
Some resources:
How-To

denis carthy

Post #174 by denis carthy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:35 pm

bigkit
but this bloody site wont let me upload them! I'm fed up

DC
If you download a program called 'Video pad editor' you can convert them (any still) into video form@ upoald to youtube.Vid pad gives appx 14 days free then you must buy.

bigkit

Post #175 by bigkit » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:46 pm

I think Holger has sorted it. Give me a few days and I'll try again.

bigkit

Post #176 by bigkit » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:39 pm

still no joy

bigkit

Post #177 by bigkit » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:39 pm

Please send me your email Holger. If I send you the pics maybe you can post them?!

Debate grant

Post #178 by Debate grant » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:45 pm

Neversweat wrote:I've e mailed one of the low loader drivers from the 60's to see if he will contribute :thumbs_up:

Steve

Dick hampton
My dad FRANK WARD (sometimes called 'yorkie')started working for dick hampton in the mid 60's, on the sheffield section of the m1.
My parents house became known as the ponderosa. And many muckshifters boarded there often. He travelled the length of the country over the years working for various muck shifting firms driving scrapers, dozers, graders etc. And sometimes as gangerman or foreman.
In later years he worked overseas on ascension island and algeria for tarmac. He was well known as a grader operator. He later retired as forman for dorothy ambrose based in Newark. Notts.
Names i remember from back in the day: matty and sonny sludds. Gypsy smith. Uneedus.
Singh. All the mcgeady's. Aamon o'dowd. Big duffy...
Still friends now: billy mcgeady, billy mcaugherty,
Fiji, rammy (rip)....
Many, many more and my dad would name each and everyone of them and the jobs they worked on. Sadly he passed away in 2011. My mum pat still lives in the ponderosa.

Debate grant

Post #179 by Debate grant » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:01 pm

donbuz wrote:is any of hamtons drivers on here who was on the m1 barlboro to aston section muckshifting for tarmac ,i was a fitter on there the foreman fitter was mick docherty ,the plant manager was fred hackett who is in the guinnes book of records who dug the first muck for the first motorway in the country ,preston by pass

Dick hampton
My dad FRANK WARD (sometimes called 'yorkie')started working for dick hampton in the mid 60's, on the sheffield section of the m1.
My parents house became known as the ponderosa. And many muckshifters boarded there often. He travelled the length of the country over the years working for various muck shifting firms driving scrapers, dozers, graders etc. And sometimes as gangerman or foreman.
In later years he worked overseas on ascension island and algeria for tarmac. He was well known as a grader operator. He later retired as forman for dorothy ambrose based in Newark. Notts.
Names i remember from back in the day: matty and sonny sludds. Gypsy smith. Uneedus.
Singh. All the mcgeady's. Aamon o'dowd. Big duffy...
Still friends now: billy mcgeady, billy mcaugherty,
Fiji, rammy (rip)....
Many, many more and my dad would name each and everyone of them and the jobs they worked on. Sadly he passed away in 2011. My mum pat still lives in the ponderosa.

Forster
Flag: Mauritius

Post #180 by Forster » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:38 pm

Re your post Feb 16th 2017. Not sure if it is the same Frank Ward I knew on the A500 in Stoke circa 1971 however, names such as Uneedus and the McGeady's I did know. Gypsy Smith I believe worked for Shellabear Price in the early 60s. I would be surprised if any of these people are still around.

Forster.

Return to “Companies”