Luke Simmonds

Re: Dick Hampton

Post #41 by Luke Simmonds » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:06 am

Anyone no of dick hampton to do with Tonbridge bypass in the late 60s early 70s

duncan
Flag: Australia

Post #42 by duncan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Like the pics of the scrapers anyone got photos of the CAT D8R's that were ex MOD and which Dick Hampton used in the 60's would have had at least 50 when I was there .Duncan

mash

Post #43 by mash » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:20 pm

h,i i worked for dick hampton from when i left school in 65 untill he finnished i worked in baldock, cheltenham and gloucester and seaforth dock liverpool,and stoke,nice to hear from poncho,hope we can get in touch from not so young mash

duncan

Post #44 by duncan » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:23 am

recently found pictures of the Dick Hampton Bently yard dated 1975 now I need help in working out how to get them on to this page or topic, I ve lived in Australia since 1965 when I left Hamptons working at ,snowy scheme NSW and then, NW Australia, , Borneo, Samoa, and then we settled back in West Australia.we live in a small town,and I know 3 men who worked for Hamptons in the 60's who live here as well !!! please help with the phot'es

Neversweat
Flag: Great Britain

Post #45 by Neversweat » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:23 am

Duncan heres Martyn Henleys guide to posting photos - good luck and look foward to seeing them :thumbup: - Steve :wave:

..first thing you will have to do is know where on your computer the pictures are that you want to show ..so off you go and have a look, now remember the address where the picture are on your computer ...Now, before you go to the next stage,i want you to remember that when you follow the next stage a new page will appear, this message will appear in a panel called Topic review-board tips ..its near the bottom of the panel, you can read the next part of this post from there, saving you having to keep going back to the topic page...
right thats sorted now go to the bottom of the thread and click on POST REPLY and see you on the next page ...

great so far so good ... now then at the top of the screen is a clear panel that you write on, under that panel is a blue strip with Upload attachment written in orange ... there is a little button called Browse click on it .... now a smallish box will appear in your left hand corner ..in that box is the inside working of your PC .. now can you remember where those pictures were in your PC ?... now select a picture from your computer ..now click on it to open... now the address of that picture will appear in the box next to the browse button... next click the Add the file button and then another box will appear in the top left hand corner ... now wait till it finishes and the whole page will refresh its self... now in the bottom left hand corner of where your writing box is you will see a new button.. Place inline ... now when you have written what you want to say about the picture bring the cursor onto a new line underneath and leave it where it is flashing away ... now click on the Place in line button and your picture address will appear something like this [img]mypictureis[/img].. if in doubt click on the preview button and your picture will appear with your writting as it would appear in the thread..happy with it ..then click Submit ... if you want to practice then practice here but dont click the submit button ... now off you go and start posting with pictures in any of the threads you want to share with us ...
Hope this works for you, once you have done it a couple of times then it will become more easier .

Martyn

Martyn Henley

Post #46 by Martyn Henley » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:05 am

:thumbup: cheers Steve in am indebted to you :bow: i missed Duncans post some how ...

Duncan.. is that ok for you to follow..if not let me know.

Martyn

Neversweat

Post #47 by Neversweat » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:59 am

Martyn Henley wrote::thumbup: cheers Steve in am indebted to you :bow: i missed Duncans post some how ...

Duncan.. is that ok for you to follow..if not let me know.Martyn

Perhaps i was up earlier than you Martyn :thumbup: :lol: :D

Steve

Martyn Henley

Post #48 by Martyn Henley » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:07 pm

Perhaps i was up earlier than you Martyn

I just got side tracked with Australian GP :dizzy:

Martyn

duncan

Post #49 by duncan » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:52 am

Dick Hampton 002.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MGI

Post #50 by MGI » Wed May 04, 2011 10:30 pm

I worked for Dick Hampton on the M5 construction South of Strensham services, Costains were the main contractor, the next section was Cementation and I seem to remember that they also used Dick Hampton for the muck shift. Hamptons also did the Muckshifting for A Monk & Co when they built Birmingham/Worcester section of the M5. My first job with them was on an old 8R (which I believe was ex Army) dragging a vibrating roller on the formation - it was purgatory, when no one in authority was about I sometimes disengaged the vibrator and pulled the roller up & down just for a bit of peace & quiet. Standard DH procedure was that the drivers did not stop or start the engines (which suited me as the donkey engine was well weary and hand cranked) When the shift was over, the machine was left ticking over and when you arrived in the morning, they were all running, oiled & dieselled, ready to go! To change direction required super human strength as the clutch lever had to be pushed forward with every ounce of muscle in your left leg! One of Hamptons agents had a pub in the Worcestershire village of Clifton on Teme, the Red lion I think it was!

Return to “Companies”