JCB axes 650 jobs throughout UK.

Discuss large and small companies here.

martyn williams

Re: JCB axes 650 jobs throughout UK.

Post #21 by martyn williams » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:57 pm

I have just had a text message from my mate that just went to Australia to work,he said he is settling in ok but finding it hard to grasp that he is not on holiday.. and is there for good Just hope he can make a success of it out there.
He is working on railway rolling stock.
Wish Gordon Brown would cut fuel duty by a few pence,that would give the country a boost.
Martyn

nick lamb

Re: JCB axes 650 jobs throughout UK.

Post #22 by nick lamb » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:29 pm

Any political veiws aside,I think the crux of the matter is the price of crude oil been so high.As Ron implies,we need to be all abit more self sufficient with our energy instead of relying on other countries to supply it.In our country we have lots of good coal and we are now digging for it.It's a start.With the price of gas to soar soon we can open more coalfired powerstations instead of gas or oil perhaps.
Many of the worlds countries are now considering following India's example by cutting the crude oil subsidies to it's citizens in a bid to lower demand by making it more expensive.I am not sure about this tactic as it hasn't curbed demand yet in our non subsidised country.It will eventally.look at the US,crude oil prices have helped cripple their economy and demand has dropped to some extent as lots of people are now sat at home all day,jobless and with no cars!!. :| :|
Ah well,stiff uper lip an' all that ;)

Return to “Companies”