new job

Discuss large and small companies here.

Topic author
d4c24a

new job

Post #1 by d4c24a » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:51 pm

started a new job this week near to home so no more 4.30 am starts :thumbs_up:
i have got a case 590 sle to use ,but we are working in fields laying a new 355mm dia watermain useing a 130 kommie stripped topsoil yesterday and have been digging today,also going in the trench is a hv cable and a duct for telemetry so hence the width :dizzy:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Nick Drew

Re: new job

Post #2 by Nick Drew » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:11 pm

d4c24a wrote:started a new job this week near to home so no more 4.30 am starts :thumbs_up:
i have got a case 590 sle to use ,but we are working in fields laying a new 355mm dia watermain useing a 130 kommie stripped topsoil yesterday and have been digging today,also going in the trench is a hv cable and a duct for telemetry so hence the width :dizzy:

Hi Graham,

Is That a Dash-6 Komatsu ? Also no Quick hitch I see very rare these days!

Whereabouts are you working?? I can see chalk seams with what looks like Hampshire diamonds ?? (Flints) may be wrong??

Nick :thumbs_up:

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #3 by d4c24a » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:32 pm

basingstoke nick so full of hampshire diamonds :x ,yes it has a quick hitch its a h+e machine so it has their own type,its a 2006 model with 1600+hours up it already,its not a bad machine but not as quick or powerfull as the ex135 i used to operate,as for the case give me a 3cx any day :thumbs_up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Nick Drew

Post #4 by Nick Drew » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:17 am

Hi Graham,

Ah yes on closer inspection I can see the hitch now, That HE style of Q-Hitch is rubbish! I had one on my first own machine which was a ex HE Fiat-Hitachi, apparently that hitch was designed by Hugh Edelanue Mr HE himself and he just wont admit its no good!!

For starters you cant turn the bucket around to do any face shovel work and I found that they wear very quickly so the bucket is always flopping around :dizzy: :!:

Yes I agree those 130 Kommies are a bit underpowered, I used one recently with a V-ditching bucket on, we only wanted to hire a V bucket but of course their buckets wont fit anything else!! so we had to hire the machine as well!!

Who is that you are working for around Basingstoke or as we used to call it Doughnut city (lots of roundabouts! :dizzy:

Nick

Nick Drew

Post #5 by Nick Drew » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:26 pm

Heres a shot of my old FH130 showing the HE designed hitch system.....Rubbish :dizzy:

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #6 by d4c24a » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:25 pm

hi all have been out doing a rush job today as a favour to a previous employer all the rain we had in the uk friday flooded some offices ,the water came down the feilds and between two landscaping banks filled up the basements and flooded the ground floors upto 9 ft deep,i dug a little trench shaped a catchment dish (to get fill) and formed a bank :thumbs_up:

Nick Drew

Post #7 by Nick Drew » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:31 pm

Nice Job Graham :thumbs_up:

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #8 by d4c24a » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:46 pm

new job is going well ,lots of work and they think quite highly of us :thumbs_up: we are a two man gang and we do everything from striping the site to reinstating it,on Friday we done the final connection to an 18" main ,backfilled and tidied up on Saturday and we move to a new job about 1 mile away on Monday,600 metres of 12" main in the carriageway hopefully a top cutter will come in so i dont have to peck it all :dizzy:
cheers graham

Return to “Companies”