Chris Moore Transport (Moore's Moxys) OFFICIAL

Discuss large and small companies here.

Topic author
dumptruckhire.com

Chris Moore Transport (Moore's Moxys) OFFICIAL

Post #1 by dumptruckhire.com » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:45 pm

This thread will be updated when possible with both old and new pictures of all things Moore's. We are going through the archives of pictures & if you have any to add please share. If you recognise any of the faces in the pictures please let us know - it would be great to keep in touch with some of the old characters.

Here are some social media links, please like/follow us!
www.facebook.com/dumptruckhire
www.twitter.com/dumptruckhire

We also have a website which is due to be modernised soon!
www.dumptruckhire.com

Thank you for looking.
Last edited by dumptruckhire.com on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
dumptruckhire.com

Re: Chris Moore Transport (Moore's Moxys) OFFICIAL

Post #2 by dumptruckhire.com » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:49 pm

Here are just some of the pictures - many, many more to come.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

68a

Post #3 by 68a » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:47 pm

will look forward to this thread although I was never a fan of bendy trucks.only a few operators ever made good men,most were morons but the trucks themselves were pretty hardy in their day. :)

widget
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by widget » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:53 pm

Great photo's Ollie.....like Nicky said, looking forward to this thread :thumbup:
I want to rust out not wear out

Topic author
dumptruckhire.com

Post #5 by dumptruckhire.com » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:13 pm

We do have a good few photo's which re-enforces your point about some being moron's... lots on their sides for no apparent reason! There were still some good drivers we had on for us though, they will know who they are!

Quick question - should i re-edit the first post to add more pictures or just post them as new replies?
Thanks

Topic author
dumptruckhire.com

Post #6 by dumptruckhire.com » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:22 pm

We are uploading the bulk of photo's to Facebook as you can upload many in one go, if you have access to Facebook pop along to our page - any specific one's you'd like uploaded to here just let me know.

www.facebook.com/dumptruckhire

Jeremy Rowland

Post #7 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:58 pm

dumptruckhire.com wrote:We do have a good few photo's which re-enforces your point about some being moron's... lots on their sides for no apparent reason! There were still some good drivers we had on for us though, they will know who they are!

Quick question - should i re-edit the first post to add more pictures or just post them as new replies?
Thanks

Hi Ollie and welcome to the site :wave: just post more photos as new replies thank you. :thumbup:

Jeremy

bigkit

Post #8 by bigkit » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Was it Roger who drove the D6H LGP for many years? or was that the low loader driver. The 3 axle unit was nice, the 2 axle was'nt too bad either.

I met one of the old office blokes about 9 months ago and we had a yarn about the "good ol' days" :lol: think he was Joby? Am I right?

I can remeber doing type 1 in Southampton docks in about 1991, 3 days to unload something stupid like 60,000t. I remember the accidents to! :lol:

Good crack, never to be seen again.................... :roll:

Topic author
dumptruckhire.com

Post #9 by dumptruckhire.com » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:29 pm

bigkit wrote:Was it Roger who drove the D6H LGP for many years? or was that the low loader driver. The 3 axle unit was nice, the 2 axle was'nt too bad either.

I met one of the old office blokes about 9 months ago and we had a yarn about the "good ol' days" :lol: think he was Joby? Am I right?

I can remeber doing type 1 in Southampton docks in about 1991, 3 days to unload something stupid like 60,000t. I remember the accidents to! :lol:

Good crack, never to be seen again.................... :roll:

Roger drove the Lo-Loader, he's still around but works for B&T Plant now driving their Lo-Loader. The D6H LGP Driver was either Barry or Nigel, they had one each.

Haha everyone's Joby, there's Joby and Joby, his mate Joby and the driver Joby. Where did you meet him? May be able to work out his real name...! Your right, those days are long gone - probably better for the life expectancy of all involved including the machines!

bigkit

Post #10 by bigkit » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:52 pm

It was Nigel, last seen on the Gorleston bypass. Joby, about late 40's to 50, mechanicing and driving for Aamon O'Grady at Bewbush in Crawley, the new Kilnwood Vale site.

He said he was there in Chris's office right at the end when the bank said bye bye!

Return to “Companies”