Sand blaster

Are you working on a certain project? Renovating an old machine?
Tell us about it here and show us the progress.

Localdiggers.co.uk

Re: Sand blaster

Post #11 by Localdiggers.co.uk » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:02 pm

martyn that looks fantastic in red. really nice, i have a dumper id like to do soon, hope it looks half as good

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #12 by martyn williams » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:50 pm

Thanks,preparation is the key,also getting a good quality paint helps.
Martyn

newjcb123uk

Post #13 by newjcb123uk » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:12 pm

Not a stranger to shotblasting myself I bought a used industrial blaster a few years ago. The problem is the larger you go the bigger compressor you need - and theyre the expensive part. :oops: So I just hire when necessary.The alternative is buffing pads which are a far cheeper alternative and one man should be able to do a 3cx in around 3 days. Compare this to the 3 hours of the shotblaster its a juggle between time and money ;)

The shotblaster tho is great for scooping out any rust that could show up in later years - Oh yes good priming is key to any great finish - even going for quite a thick primer and then having to smooth with a quick buff when dry is the way to go :D PS - My 3cmk111 powertrain will be finished this year - honest :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A man reaps what he sows"

bogtrotter

Post #14 by bogtrotter » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:03 am

What sort of shot are you using? was considering same sort of set-up and hiring compressor in as and when. always found the cheaper units that run off 1 (and even sometimes 2!!) workshop units not man enough for ploughing through layers of paint and rust.

Return to “Projects”