Adding a LINK

How can we improve CMN? Please post your suggestions here!
Do you have problems with the site? Post here!
Do you have problems with the registration or problems to log in? Contact us at webmaster (at) classicmachinery.net

Also check out our How-To!

Topic author
JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Adding a LINK

Post #1 by JimInOz » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:40 am

Hi ,My PC skills are in need of an upgrade!
I want to add a link in my new CMN posting, to a thread on another forum.
How do I post a good,easy to use link from another forum.

Thanks
Jim :thumbup:

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Adding a LINK

Post #2 by Martyn Henley » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:24 am

Hi Jim, easy really, all you have to do is put your cursor on the address bar, thats the panel you type into, to dial up a web page, writen in the panel is the page address of this page, now click the right button on the mouse and a little drop down menu will appear, you will see the following options writen in the menu in black .. they are Cut, Copy,Paste, and finaly delete, now click on the Copy option, and the whole address will appear with a blue background....

you now have the URL copied onto the memory in your PC or laptop .. now go to the forum that you want to show the link.. and start your post there ... now all forum run much the same way with BBcodes... you should see the codes on your post page showing somewhere, on ours its on the far top left of this panel, tick the box Display BBcodes and they will appear on the top there on this panel .... on the post reply page the codes will be in the same place and on display ...
Now Jim, click on the button in the BBcodes written, URL and two URL letters will appear, and in brackets, now point your cursor right in the middle of the two URL's now keep it there, now click the right button on mouse and a menu will appear, click on the Paste option, and by rights the link to the first URL that you copied, will be made with each [URL] at either end

Hopefully this will help Jim

Martyn

Topic author
JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Re: Adding a LINK

Post #3 by JimInOz » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:13 am

Thanks Martyn,
I just used my new-found knowledge in the Track Loaders Forum.

Jim

Return to “Support and Suggestions”