A Muckshifter says Hello

Feel free to introduce yourself here.
Tell us where you are from and how you found CMN!

Topic author
SanctuaryDan

A Muckshifter says Hello

Post #1 by SanctuaryDan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Hello folks,

Danny Bradshaw here from the Wrexham/Chester border. Although IT takes up most of my time these days I'm proud to be a time-served 'Hairy Ar$ed Muckshifter' and I still get to put a few hours a year jockeying yellow iron on the odd technical muckshift for a couple of firms , AJK Plant Hire and Anthony O'Connor & Sons.

My weapon of choice is a blade (D6N or D6R/T) and I seem to spend a lot of time trimming with or without Lasers. I have worked for a few old school outfits :- AMPL, John Jones Excavations, Hawk, Stoke Plant to name a few.

Desperately trying to find a newish grader to play on as I've yet to use the M controls...

I'll pop up a few pics of jobs as and when but I'll start with a shot of me on a CAT D400E for John Jones on hire to McArdles at Waltham Abbey back in the late nineties.

I look forward to virtually meeting you all.
cat_400.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"There's drivers and there's screwdrivers..."

diggerjones
Flag: Great Britain

Re: A Muckshifter says Hello

Post #2 by diggerjones » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:53 pm

welcome, when i worked on shrewsbury by-pass in the early 90's john jones was on there doing the muck shift in one of those cats you proudly show your self in.
diggerjones

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by tctractors » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Welcome Danny, Ive got a "Hairy aRse" as well, my wife is always onto me about it and the funny thing is she is from Chester (Sealand Rd) those DJB 300-400 dumpers used to be some good chunks of iron, not in the TOP spot like the Volvo A25C, (nothing beats a 25C) but they would beat the pants off a new CAT chariot, I hope you have a good time on this forum.

tctractors

Topic author
SanctuaryDan

Post #4 by SanctuaryDan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:20 pm

diggerjones wrote:welcome, when i worked on shrewsbury by-pass in the early 90's john jones was on there doing the muck shift in one of those cats you proudly show your self in.
diggerjones

I still have fond memories of my time in the cab of the 400D/E dumpers - best way to learn the craic is by watching skilled artisans at work!

tctractors wrote:Welcome Danny, Ive got a "Hairy aRse" as well, my wife is always onto me about it and the funny thing is she is from Chester (Sealand Rd) those DJB 300-400 dumpers used to be some good chunks of iron, not in the TOP spot like the Volvo A25C, (nothing beats a 25C) but they would beat the pants off a new CAT chariot, I hope you have a good time on this forum

Aah the A25C eh? A muckshifters Cadillac, still can't get close to 50 tonnes on em like a John Jones 400 with greedy boards and tailgates! However there's not many places an A25 won't go with a good skin at the wheel.

I try to say off them these days though. Far too rough bouncing on one of my haulroads...
"There's drivers and there's screwdrivers..."

Jeremy Rowland

Post #5 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi Danny welcome to the site :wave:

Jeremy

Return to “Member Introductions”