Hello

Feel free to introduce yourself here.
Tell us where you are from and how you found CMN!

Topic author
ken1953

Hello

Post #1 by ken1953 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:14 pm

Hi i am Ken, i am from St.John's Newfoundland Canada. Just browsed on this site and found lots off information. And i just purchased my first JCB backhoe it is a 1978 JCB 3c.

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Hello

Post #2 by bigkit » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi Ken nice of you to join us. I'm not so hot on JCB but there are plenty on here who are probalby desperate to talk nuts and bolts with you! :lol:

Keep on posting and throw in as many pictures as you can!

martyn williams

Post #3 by martyn williams » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:31 pm

Welcome Ken :thumbup:

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #4 by FOWLER MAN » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:35 pm

Welcome Ken, enjoy The Forum.
Fred

Jeremy Rowland

Post #5 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:52 pm

Hi Ken :wave: welcome to CMN there are a few people on here who can help you with your JCB, hope you enjoy your time on here.

Jeremy

romneyman

Post #6 by romneyman » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:02 am

Hi my name is Peter and I live in leicestershire and have recently retired. Istumbled across this site whilst looking to see if Saville Tractors were still in exsistance as these were my first emploers when I started work back in 1962. I am amazed at the amount of interest in old construction equipment!! I started at Savilles as an apprentice fitter and served my time there, I worked outside most of the time as a field service engineer and worked on everything from the cub cadet garden tractor up to the TD25 but most of the work was on BTD6s and B100s. When I first joined Savilles they were 100 per cent I H but later took on the O &K agentcy and so quite abit of time was spent working on these. When I H started bringing in Yumbo excavators it was the end of O&Ks for Savilles. Later still they became agents for Lister enines and this could see you sent to jobs such as broken down narrow boats on the Grand Union Canal or an emergentcey generator on the roof of aWoolworths shop. I worked for them for nearly twenty years but hav'nt worked with plant for agood many years now. I will keep in touch and may even be able to help out from time to time.

Martyn Henley

Post #7 by Martyn Henley » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:09 am

Greetings Peter and a big welcome to CMN :thumbup:

There is a lot of interest in drotts and early International machines on here, so we look forward to your input...

Martyn

romneyman

Post #8 by romneyman » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:03 pm

Hello Martyn
What a coincidence that the first person to reply to my first posting should live in Kent as that is where I lived for 32 years until Imoved to Leicestershire last year.Until I retired I worked all over Kent helping to keep a fleet of 200 vehicles and a small amount of plant operational.
In the dim and distant past Icarried out some work for Spencer King who were just down the road from you at Dargate and Ovendens at Aylsham.
I will try to help with imformation if I can but will have get the grey matter working but like some of the machines pictured Imay be a little bit rusty.

Peter

Martyn Henley

Post #9 by Martyn Henley » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:47 pm

Blimey Peter, i worked for Spencer king in the mid seventies, great person to work for, until he sold out to M.Wilson and co ... Ovendens i know very well, but i worked for John Reeve and Adrian was always trying to get me to work for him ..small world eh

Martyn

Return to “Member Introductions”