G'day from Australia

Feel free to introduce yourself here.
Tell us where you are from and how you found CMN!

Topic author
AussieMF

G'day from Australia

Post #1 by AussieMF » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:45 am

hello all. :wave: Was referred to this site by another aussie member who has helped me out with some info.
We have 1200 acres of land about 5 hours North of Brisbane in Queensland Australia.
I am just getting into the machinery game and currently just run a little MF200 Drott.
I have worked for a large Ag company previously so have a fair bit of knowledge in Ag stuff, but just getting to know my little Drott a bit better. :claphands:
Look forward to finding out more on here and sharing some laughs. :thumbup: :thumbup:

IANOZ

Re: G'day from Australia

Post #2 by IANOZ » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:13 am

Hi Aussie MF, Welome on board . 5 hours north of brisbane must put you almost in my backyard . I am at wurdong heights just south of gladstone . A mate has had quite a few massey 200s They are a magic little machine for their size. So where exactly are you ? With 1200 arces to play on the massey might need some company . ian.

Topic author
AussieMF

Post #3 by AussieMF » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:23 am

G'day Ian. My land is at Gin Gin actually, but I live in Hervey Bay. The 200 is a great little machine, if your friend has any books or left over spares from his time with them mate I'd be interested. I need to find a final drive seal at present.
Yes it does need some company up there and I am looking for a dozer with hydraulic blade around the 80-140hp mark to do some more roadworks.
We don't live there yet, but hopefully that will change in the near future.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #4 by Holger » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi and very welcome Ashley! :wave:
Some resources:
How-To

IANOZ

Post #5 by IANOZ » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:18 am

Hi Aussiemf, Sorry i have not been able to get back to you till now as our internet went down . I think any of the bearing places should be able to supply the seal you need for your final drive,but you probably will have to take the seal into them as most of the counter jockeys these days are lost when it comes to things out of the ordinary. I will check with my mate if he has books but i know he won't part with them. ian.

Topic author
AussieMF

Post #6 by AussieMF » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:22 am

Thanks for that Ian. From what I can gather it's not a common seal, I have found a supplier in both the USA and Europe who can supply it, I recently got track tensioning seals and they are like nothing I have ever seen before.

If your mate doesn't want to part with any books he may have, if he has any parts laying around that might be useful let me know.

IANOZ

Post #7 by IANOZ » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:38 pm

Mate, i will check with him,I'm not sure what he has still . .Have you talked to "Jim in oz" He is on this forum and others .He is down in victoria and wrecks small dozers and drotts and can supply some new parts..Good bloke , ian.

IANOZ

Post #8 by IANOZ » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:13 am

Hi Again aussiemf, Just spoted a bulldozer for sale in Gin Gin .If money was not so tight i would think about buying it myself . International TD9B power shift with rippers for 13 grand . i will give you more info if your interested .ian.

Topic author
AussieMF

Post #9 by AussieMF » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:58 am

IANOZ wrote:Hi Again aussiemf, Just spoted a bulldozer for sale in Gin Gin .If money was not so tight i would think about buying it myself . International TD9B power shift with rippers for 13 grand . i will give you more info if your interested .ian.

Mate if you have that info on the TD9 would be great, where abouts was it for sale, it won't be far from my place, we are about 20km's out the back of Gin Gin in the ranges towards Paradise Dam, awesome spot.

Yes I have been in touch with Jim, he is the 1 who recommended me to this site, he's been a great help, have already got a part of him, but he can't help with the seals.

IANOZ

Post #10 by IANOZ » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:32 pm

Hi Mate , iI will send you a PM with the details ..I have told another mate about it ,so if your interested better get in quick .Ian.

Return to “Member Introductions”