Niklas Eriksson

Feel free to introduce yourself here.
Tell us where you are from and how you found CMN!

Topic author
Niklas Eriksson

Niklas Eriksson

Post #1 by Niklas Eriksson » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:48 pm

Hi!

My name is Niklas Eriksson and I am 20 years old. I live in the middle of Sweden in a town called Borlänge. I am not an opperator of earthmoving machines of anykind. But I really want to be so that is what I am aiming at. At the moment I work for the Swedish pharmacy.

I have been interested in machines my whole life, especially when I was a kid. But when I grew older I became interested in other things than machines. But it was always there, although not as strong. I have become very interested in machines again when I started upper secondary school. I met alot of people that also had an interest in machines so I became more and more interested again. I also had much contact with machines and lorries in school so that helped to!

My main interest among the machines is the big machines used in mining. The bigger the better. This is the machines I know the best. My favorite manufacturer is Komatsu. I find their mining equipment very interesting and good looking! But CATs dumptrucks isnt very bad either! ;) Large stripping shovels is also interesting. Like old Marion and Bycurus shovels. Walking draglines work to!
I am also interested in material handlers for some reason. Not really sure why though... A year ago I worked as a mechanic on a Swedish steelmill over the summer. There I had some contact with material handlers.
I collect die-cast models in 1:50 scale also. Mainly mining machinery but there is afew other machines also. My collection is always growing. To see a list of my models visit my homepage - http://www.niklasmodels.tk

Another hobbie of mine is animals. Mainly bugs and other things that most of you probably wouldt call a pet. I keep tarantulas, scorpions and centipedes as pets. I used to have one of the largest collections of tarantulas here in Sweden. I had about 100 diffrent species and 300-350 spiders. But I dont have as much time anymore so I have downsized my collection. I now have about 50-60 species and 150-200 spiders I would guess. Dont keep count! ;)

I listen alot to music.. almost every hour Im awake. Mainly Heavy metal, Death metal, Black metal, speed metal and so on. But older rock n roll, rockabilly, country is also being played. My big idol is the Man In Black, Johnny Cash...

This was all from me.. if you have any questions just ask and I will try to answer them as good as I can! :)
//Niklas Eriksson

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Re: Niklas Eriksson

Post #2 by Holger » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:34 am

Hi Niklas,

very nice to have you here!
Thank you for your introduction!

/Holger
Some resources:
How-To