Lars-Gunnar Åström

Feel free to introduce yourself here.
Tell us where you are from and how you found CMN!

Topic author
Lars-Gunnar
Flag: Sweden

Lars-Gunnar Åström

Post #1 by Lars-Gunnar » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:02 am

Hi all lovers of old machines from the past and now!

My name is Lars-Gunnar Åström. I’m living in the middle of Sweden in a city called Sundsvall as has 95.000 inhabitants. I’m not an operator for any machine but I am interested of them in general. Trucks/lorries, excavators, front loaders and caterpillars of a few is of interest. Also stories from the past is interesting. For example how it was to operate different equipment and what happen around when operate them. Any unwanted as happened? Test rapports of new machines and experience reports is also a great reading. My experience is when I followed my father when he drove the truck as all was of Volvo make is my most unforgettable memories.
Check this link out where I have wrote about my father, myself and all trucks he drowe.
http://www.thedieselgypsy.com/FIRST%20T ... KERS-9.htm

Enjoy!
Lars-Gunnar ;)
AMD computers and Volvo trucks is best

Holger
Site Admin

Re: Lars-Gunnar Åström

Post #2 by Holger » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:38 am

Hi Lars Gunnar,

thank you for this! It is a very nice story! :)

/Holger
Some resources:
How-To

Topic author
Lars-Gunnar

Re: Lars-Gunnar Åström

Post #3 by Lars-Gunnar » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:35 pm

Thanks Holger

I don’t remember exactly how I come to meet ”Diesel Gypsy” but it was when I was searching trough Internet after trucks I guess or trough another website. His real name is William Weatherstone from Canada. He had set up an own homepage where he added stories from the past with him and his different trucks as he had run in the leading part. I read them with a increasing fascination.

I couldn’t resist so I sent him an E-mail telling him how good his stories was and at the same time I told him a little about my trucking experience. I got a very kind answer and he asked me if I could write a full story and if I had any photos. The only photo I had was of me washing the Volvo Viking Turbo. The red Volvo Titan as is shown is a fully restored one by Volvos Veteran club. If I could he should add me among them as had experience from the trucking world. I did that and what you read was what I wrote.

William is an old-age pensioner as have run trucks for 40 years and we change messages between each other. He is a very nice person. Sometimes when he will add a new story of another trucker he use to send me a hidden link for critical reading. I have thus been a firsthand reader and he want o hear if it is god or bad.

I guess It has to do with my option no other can compete with his writing. He have mentioned other but I have said my 2 cents. Of source there is other as can write but they write about today. Because I’m born 49 my favourite stories is from how it was in the past. I grew up under 50th and 60th decade which was the beginning of the modern era. A very exiting periods for a child/youth may I say.

Lars-Gunnar :)
AMD computers and Volvo trucks is best

Return to “Member Introductions”