New Members - please introduce yourself

Feel free to introduce yourself here.
Tell us where you are from and how you found CMN!

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Re: New Members - please introduce yourself

Post #41 by Holger » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:34 am

Welcome Steve! :bow:
Some resources:
How-To

davemg6

Post #42 by davemg6 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:39 pm

hi, i am from australia,and i have just aquired a ransomes mg6 with implements
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #43 by Martyn Henley » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:34 pm

Greetings Dave and a big welcome to CMN :thumbs_up: ..

Martyn

klempner69

Post #44 by klempner69 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:09 pm

Hi there everyone at CMN.My name is Stu and I am a lifelong fan of all machinery but since I had a Matchbox Drott when I was kid,I was forever hooked.Now at 51,I have recentley gotten a decent Slr and started going to places the majority of people wouldnt go to,but thats another hobby.Last friday I had the pleasure of securing a visit to a massive digger/crane/military graveyard and was amazed by what I encountered.Would it be possible for me to post up some pics for your experts to give any help/approximate build dates etc etc..These machines really need to be at least catalogued before the owner finally scraps them.Sorry for this being more than the usual introduction..I am not a digger owner or have any old vehicle but my interest is to try to document what I have seen and put some names to pics...for example,there is a Cleveland tractor cable or pipe layer that is pure genius with its conveyor belt built into the large cutting wheel.This ought to be in a museum.Stop rambling Stu!

all the best from Stu

Holger
Site Admin

Post #45 by Holger » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:45 am

Hi Stu, very welcome to CMN!
And thank you for your introduction!
Post you pics in the related forums, they will be very appreciated! :thumbup:

/Holger
Some resources:
How-To

John Gaunt

Post #46 by John Gaunt » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:08 am

Hi Dave, Welcome to CMN. That's a great looking MG6 you have there. I have an MG5 myself, they are a fantastic machine even today !

Hi Stu, Welcome to CMN. I'd love to see the pictures you took and I'm wondering whereabouts the 'graveyard' is and if any of the machines are worth salvaging for preservation. There are quite a few people who are very keen to preserve old miliatary kit.

XS650

Post #47 by XS650 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:27 am

Last friday I had the pleasure of securing a visit to a massive digger/crane/military graveyard and was amazed by what I encountered.Would it be possible for me to post up some pics for your experts to give any help/approximate build dates etc etc..These machines really

Hi Stu ,get them posted ,theirs already a mystery machine thread or create your own new one. Assume your in UK ,all these interesting scrapyards seem to be fast dissapearing with the increased value of land and metals.
Not all those who wander are lost.

kigg

Post #48 by kigg » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:32 am

hi all,
my names chris (kigg). Im interested in plant machinery and i would like to become an plant operatorsome day
i have'nt done much on the plant side of things except odd days on a yanma b15 :lol:
i also did alot of work on this old converted tracked dumper which i used for post ramming, for a fencing contractor but unfortunatly i got made redundent and now unemployed :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Holger
Site Admin

Post #49 by Holger » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:37 am

Hi and welcome Chris! :wave:
Some resources:
How-To

Bog Trotter

Post #50 by Bog Trotter » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi all John here i live in central Scotland work on my farm now after moving on from oprerating plant.I still keep my hand in on my exMalcolm plant JZ70 which i bought earlier this year it Had just turned 6000hrs and was in need of new running gear to which i got supplied but not fitted.I undertook the work myself with a little help from my father.As it is mainly hill ground we have and "extremely" soft in a lot of the areas where i intend working i have fitted oversize tripple grouser pads at 800ml instead of the standard 600ml.She is very capable on the soft and with the extra width ver stable on steep too.I also removed the dozer blade as its more of a hindrense in soft situations,and i can do without the extra wieght anyway lol.I hope to have some pictures soon.if i ever get weather suitable to take them.
I am interested in any LGP machinery,excavators mainly,but enjoy all aspects of plant and heavy machines.I enjoy veiwing pics vids of bogged stuck machinery especially.
Thanks to everyone for your great input on this site i have enjoyed it so far...John (Bog Trotter)

Return to “Member Introductions”