New Members - please introduce yourself

Feel free to introduce yourself here.
Tell us where you are from and how you found CMN!

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Re: New Members - please introduce yourself

Post #101 by Martyn Henley » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:02 pm

Hi Fraser and welcome to CMN :thumbup:

And it makes no difference if you have nothing to do with plant and machinery, all are welcome on CMN, its the interest that matters :thumbup: ... make i ask what do you teach ?

Martyn

fraserbee

Post #102 by fraserbee » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:29 pm

I teach physics (with some general science too).

newjcb123uk

Post #103 by newjcb123uk » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:43 pm

fraserbee wrote:I teach physics (with some general science too).

Hi Fraser looks like you share the same yellow blood as all of us plant nuts on here - tell us - do you collect any brochures or models etc? :P
"A man reaps what he sows"

fraserbee

Post #104 by fraserbee » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:42 pm

newjcb123uk wrote:
fraserbee wrote:I teach physics (with some general science too).

Hi Fraser looks like you share the same yellow blood as all of us plant nuts on here - tell us - do you collect any brochures or models etc? :P

Hi - sorry for the slow reply, I've been learning to ski with 99 teenagers in France for the last week!

I'm not a big collector, although my fianceé accompanied me to a vintage tractor show back in the summer and bought me a Corgi JCB 3CI, which now sits on a bookcase in our living room. She really is quite tolerant!

I had tons of models when I was young, which are still in my parents loft - an Ertl Ford 555A being my favourite. It is really well worn now though, but I loved it, even though I wished it was not a centre mount and that the legs were stronger so it would hold the body up. I used to put a lego brick underneath and pretend it was lifted up.

andrewb

Post #105 by andrewb » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi my is Andrew 63 yrs old lorry driver by trade interested in plant and old machinery if it's old and oily i want it i have got a few old tractors and farm bits and bobs. like steam as well

martyn williams

Post #106 by martyn williams » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:53 pm

A warm welcome to CMN Andrew :thumbup: I also like steam.
Martyn

jackie

Post #107 by jackie » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:23 am

Hello all...name is Frank mitchell....kept trying to get onto this site many times in my own name.. no joy kept doing things wrong...so got clever daughter to do it...Hey Presto...here Iam....Found this site by accident...was finding info. on Wimpey tug-of-war team that my uncle..Dick Mitchell was a patron . Saw other family members mentioned which us Manchester mitchells lost touch with. Am very interested in this site as all my life i was operating all types of plant.....many years with dept.1--7-and 12. also many other firms. Think i have said enough for my introduction.....thanks for allowing me in.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #108 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:25 am

Hi and welcome Frank glad you like what you have seen and we all look forward to any information and pictures that you can share with us.

Jeremy

jackie

Post #109 by jackie » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Thanks Jeremy for your warm welcome. As an 81 year old machine man your site brings great memories back ....things that i had forgotten...and also see that my cousin...Tony Mitchell...australia....has commented on your site. In time i hope to chat to him. At the moment my time on your site is reading everything.....but at my age most of my era are gone.....looking at the pics.....god!!..what great machines they have today....wish i was 50years younger. speak to you all soon if i may Frank.

jackie

Post #110 by jackie » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:50 am

Frank mitchell (user name Jackie) back again to say.....My one claim to fame...was flown over to N/Ireland...CARRICKFERGUS...by Wimpey . as machinery that was shipped over to Belfast docks..I loaded them onto low-lowders...and took them off at new site of wimpeys....10.RBs--22RBs and various eqmt. ..my main function was to clear massive site of trees and bushes. Last piece of plant off ship was mine Brand new D8 power shift. thats my claim to fame First CAT D8 power shift in the whole of IRELAND. lot more to this saga...Trouble and strife.

Return to “Member Introductions”