Board Tips

Site announcements

Topic author
Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Board Tips

Post #1 by Martyn Henley » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:19 pm

Hi to all ... Now then, over the last few months we have had a great number of new members join us on CMN .. so i thought i would put together some tips to get you all into the action and not to miss out ....

VIEW NEW POSTS button,Located on the top right hand corner, just above the Board index panel ..this to me is the starting point when i log on to CMN, this page will show you all new threads and posts, posted since you last logged in, so you can keep upto date with everything new .... dont forget all new posts will always appear on top of the index page ....
www.classicmachinery.net - 2011-04-30 - 09h-24m-45s.png

VIEW YOUR POSTS button, located next to the view new posts button.. this will enable for you to keep track of the posts and threads that you have either started or have joined in, this will stop your posts getting buried and lost.
viewposts.png

New threads.. if you want to start a new thread on a subject .. look to the Main index board and go to the topic you want to post in.. for example, if you want to post about a JCB 3CX go to the Loader/backhoe section and see if there is a subject already about JCB 3CX's, use the search function if necessary, then go to that thread and click reply and join in with your post ... if you can not find a thread on that subject then please start a new thread ... you will find that every category of our industry is covered on the main index board..

Images ... you will find a great upload section on CMN, and this located in your POST A REPLY page in the Upload Attachments section, just below the writing window... just browse your pictures and add the file .. it will appear in your post smaller than the actual size of the image, but when posted others can click on the image to show the full size image... this is to keep the topic nice and neat and will keep the picture inside the box... using photobucket or other image systems can make the thread page a bit messy, more so if you delete pictures from your photobucket web site, as this will just leave an empty box where your picture was, if you have trouble or have no idea how to use the image download section, refer to the FAQ section or ask one of the team...

I hope this will help ... but dont forget, new members to introduce yourselfs in the new members introduction thread, so we can all welcome you to CMN and get to know about you ... SO DONT BE SHY..... and any problems you have send a Private Message to either Holger, Nick Drew, Jeremy Rowland or myself

Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Col 140

Re: Board Tips

Post #2 by Col 140 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:42 pm

There are a lot of shy people here at CMN Martyn ;) We have 685 members here now :thumbs_up: But 452 of them haven't posted a thing :dizzy: :roll: :lol: I'm sure some of them must have something interesting to post :thumbs_up:

Col :P

taurus MK1

Post #3 by taurus MK1 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:51 pm

I have lots of photos i would like to post, but im baffled,me and computers!!!!!!!! :oops:

Regards John

Topic author
Martyn Henley

Post #4 by Martyn Henley » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:53 pm

but im baffled,me and computers

John, Computers baffle everyone when they first use them ... its rather like getting the guy who has driving a moggy1000 for years and then being given a Lexus to drive ... well like all things its just a matter of getting the hang of it, as some one once said, keep pressing the buttons and you will get the hang of it ... but for those that are reading this you have got the hang of it so far :thumbs_up: but for everyone who wants to post pictures but does not know how to ... follow the instructions below.

So you want to post a picture..great :thumbs_up: ..first thing you will have to do is know where on your computer the pictures are that you want to show ..so off you go and have a look, now remember the address where the picture are on your computer ...Now, before you go to the next stage,i want you to remember that when you follow the next stage a new page will appear, this message will appear in a panel called Topic review-board tips ..its near the bottom of the panel, you can read the next part of this post from there, saving you having to keep going back to the topic page...
right thats sorted now go to the bottom of the thread and click on POST REPLY and see you on the next page ...

:thumbs_up: great so far so good ... now then at the top of the screen is a clear panel that you write on, under that panel is a blue strip with Upload attachment written in orange ... there is a little button called Browse click on it .... now a smallish box will appear in your left hand corner ..in that box is the inside working of your PC .. now can you remember where those pictures were in your PC ?... now select a picture from your computer ..now click on it to open... now the address of that picture will appear in the box next to the browse button... next click the Add the file button and then another box will appear in the top left hand corner ... now wait till it finishes and the whole page will refresh its self... now in the bottom left hand corner of where your writing box is you will see a new button.. Place inline ... now when you have written what you want to say about the picture bring the cursor onto a new line underneath and leave it where it is flashing away ... now click on the Place in line button and your picture address will appear something like this [img]mypictureis[/img].. if in doubt click on the preview button and your picture will appear with your writting as it would appear in the thread..happy with it ..then click Submit ... if you want to practice then practice here but dont click the submit button ... now off you go and start posting with pictures in any of the threads you want to share with us ...
Hope this works for you ..if not Private message me

Martyn

Topic author
Martyn Henley

Post #5 by Martyn Henley » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:57 pm

There are a lot of shy people here at CMN Martyn We have 685 members here now But 452 of them haven't posted a thing I'm sure some of them must have something interesting to post

Col

You are right Col ... i am sure nearly all have things to share with us

Martyn

Robban_C

Post #6 by Robban_C » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:08 pm

I would like to contribute by encouraging our non-English members to post here although their English isn´t perfect. No one expects your English to be top class. What you say and think is much more important than your langauge!
And if there are parts that are not understood people will ask what you mean so you can explain it some other way.
There are no language barrier here!

And I have seen members that even have English as their native tounge (their first language) spell wrong or mix up words that sound the same but are spelled differently so you will be in good company.

My first language is Swedish but I do my best in English and no one expects better than that.
And your English are good enough even if it is much worse than mine!
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

newjcb123uk

Post #7 by newjcb123uk » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:30 am

Col 140 wrote:There are a lot of shy people here at CMN Martyn ;) We have 685 members here now :thumbs_up: But 452 of them haven't posted a thing :dizzy: :roll: :lol: I'm sure some of them must have something interesting to post :thumbs_up:

Col :P

Too true Col - this is the reason I stopped contributing to my own Yahoo Club sites - The JCB Club - The HYMAC Club - The Priestman Club and the Classic Earthmover club. I started these a couple of years ago or so and members gradually grew to nearly 300 on the JCB Club. However I found that I was doing all the talking and uploading of photos with a disapointing interaction from the other members. Not to be too harsh but the parasitic nature of members really gave me a sickener. When I discovered CMN tho, It was a breath of fresh air to vent my earthmoving passions, stories and photographs. :thumbs_up:

Come on all ye quiet folk start typing and show us yer pictures - It's rude to just stare!!! :evil:
"A man reaps what he sows"

taurus MK1

Post #8 by taurus MK1 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:46 pm

:D :D :D :D

Thanks Martyn for the info.it worked :thumbs_up:

Cheers John :D :D

Topic author
Martyn Henley

Post #9 by Martyn Henley » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:51 pm

Great work John :thumbs_up: see told you that you will get the hang of it, but glad to have helped :D

Martyn

bob

Post #10 by bob » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:38 am

[quote=
And I have seen members that even have English as their native tounge (their first language) spell wrong or mix up words that sound the same but are spelled differently so you will be in good company.
[/quote]
do not now wot u meen i spel write ! :lol: bob

Return to “Announcements”