What is it?

Discuss haulers/dump trucks here

Topic author
dozeron

What is it?

Post #1 by dozeron » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:14 am

Thought I would put this up, anyone have any idea what it was/is?
Clue, The Euc/Terex tractor is not the original prime-mover. Will respond later,
Dozeron.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
dozeron

Re: What is it?

Post #2 by dozeron » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:31 am

Hi all,
The image is of a Euc/Terex TS-24 tractor coupled to a Movall dumper. A civil engineering company in NZ (Cable-Price-Downer) purchased a small fleet of these dumpers mated with A-C TS300 tractors in the 1950s to remove overburden from an open-cast coal mine. They were loaded by 100-RB navvys. I think that Movall was either a US or Canadian manufacturer and sold a number to work on the St Lawance Seaway project. The units in NZ wore out the 300s and were then mated to the TS-24s. Im pretty sure Im correct but if not and anyone knows, please feel free to correct me. This unit is hydraulically controlled but the earlier ones may have been cable operated like an early scraper. I seem to recall they were phased out in the late 1980s but may be wrong. Wouldnt mind a dollar for every yard they shifted :lol:

kevin challis

Re: What is it?

Post #3 by kevin challis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:45 am

yes and downer all so had some dw21or dw20 cable operated all but 2 ts24 got pushed over the tip head at weavers the 2 ts24 were move to auckland roskoman quarry all so worth noting that the 32 from waipuna was all so pushed over the tip head as downers had a policy of not selling equipment when their use by date was up

Return to “Haulers/Dump Trucks”