Haulamatic Dump Trucks

Discuss haulers/dump trucks here

Topic author
usedjcbdave
Flag: Great Britain

Haulamatic Dump Trucks

Post #1 by usedjcbdave » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:07 pm

Surprised there is not a lot more on the forum from Haulamatic,the now defunct UK Dump Truck manufacturer based in Heanor,Derbyshire.Picture shows delivery of 3 units to P.J.Burke Ltd of Park Street,Wombwell.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Re: Haulamatic Dump Trucks

Post #2 by FOWLER MAN » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:01 pm

usedjcbdave wrote:Surprised there is not a lot more on the forum from Haulamatic,the now defunct UK Dump Truck manufacturer based in Heanor,Derbyshire.Picture shows delivery of 3 units to P.J.Burke Ltd of Park Street,Wombwell.

Hi Dave,
I don't know much about Haulmatic, I think one I was loading some years back had a Perkins V8 engine.
There are still two working a few miles from here, I'll try to get some photos. In the meantime here are two photos I scanned, can't remember where from now.
Fred
Army Haulmatic.jpg
Haulmatic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tslsales

Post #3 by tslsales » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:54 pm

David I first worked on Haulamatics back in the mid 70s at Hunterston,then in the RE Army we used them all over the world, I also then went on to work with some of the guys who owned the Company many years later, they were a fairly good tool as you may know, as long as you were not in soft wet sand. I had been driving some real od dogs no heaters, no suspension and a wooden seat so the Haulamatic was luxury but not as good as its closely related cousin the Heathfield.

They are still working in a quarry in south africa used to be on you tube worth a check, they think they are the best tool in the industry!

TSL

Renaultman

Post #4 by Renaultman » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:23 pm

URL of the original image: http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t311/MYRDDINAPGERAINT/PLANT/GENERAL/IMG_1765.jpg

Neversweat

Post #5 by Neversweat » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:32 pm

Beenham 003.jpg

Steve

Nick Drew

Post #6 by Nick Drew » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Nice find Steve :thumbup: ;)

Nick :D

Topic author
usedjcbdave

Post #7 by usedjcbdave » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:02 am

New Haulamatic 620's being delivered to Sir Alfred McAlpine for the new M56 contract near Chester .Work first commenced in 1968.

Topic author
usedjcbdave

Post #8 by usedjcbdave » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:26 pm

Rare Haulamatic dump truck with LGP flotation tyres fitted.Ex Army ?

Project5Racing

Post #9 by Project5Racing » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:10 pm

I remember a few of these in NI a some years back operated by the Royal Engineers based in Antrim. They had armour plating on the cabs to avoid the drivers getting bricked. I remember seeing them being used in a dodgy part of Belfast to clear bonfire sites that private contractors were threatened at.

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #10 by FOWLER MAN » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:48 pm

FOWLER MAN wrote:
usedjcbdave wrote:Surprised there is not a lot more on the forum from Haulamatic,the now defunct UK Dump Truck manufacturer based in Heanor,Derbyshire.Picture shows delivery of 3 units to P.J.Burke Ltd of Park Street,Wombwell.

Hi Dave,
I don't know much about Haulmatic, I think one I was loading some years back had a Perkins V8 engine.
There are still two working a few miles from here, I'll try to get some photos. In the meantime here are two photos I scanned, can't remember where from now.
Fred
Army Haulmatic.jpg
Haulmatic.jpg

Hi,
Its a year since I last saw these trucks the two have now grown to three and apparently they still run. :roll:
They are in a sad state now as you can see. :o :doh: If they could catch the vandals responsible they should cut their little bits off "verrrry slooowlly." :thumbup: :lol: :lol:
00612_Capture.jpg
00614_Capture.jpg
00615_Capture.jpg

Return to “Haulers/Dump Trucks”