BLAW KNOX Still Kicking!

Discuss pavers, rollers, mills and other paving equipment here

Hutch

Re: BLAW KNOX Still Kicking!

Post #11 by Hutch » Mon May 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi Richard
Just looked at the volvo website and it seems that the newer Blaw Knox pavers are using more ABG technology so it would seem that Volvo has licenced Leeboy to produce older (heritage) pavers.This would make sense as Leeboy only made small pavers like the old Allatt type machines and probably wanted to move up to bigger pavers without the development costs also from memory there was some sales agreement with Blaw Knox to sell the Leeboy pavers a few years back.Volvo probably needs to start using electric heating of screeds in the US to try to keep up with Caterpillar who are the leading paver manufacturer and have used Carlson electric heating for sometime,Blaw Knox also seem to be classed as the poor mans paver in the States behind Caterpillar

Topic author
widget
Flag: Great Britain

Re: BLAW KNOX Still Kicking!

Post #12 by widget » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:15 am

Hutch wrote:Hi Richard
Just looked at the volvo website and it seems that the newer Blaw Knox pavers are using more ABG technology so it would seem that Volvo has licenced Leeboy to produce older (heritage) pavers.This would make sense as Leeboy only made small pavers like the old Allatt type machines and probably wanted to move up to bigger pavers without the development costs also from memory there was some sales agreement with Blaw Knox to sell the Leeboy pavers a few years back.Volvo probably needs to start using electric heating of screeds in the US to try to keep up with Caterpillar who are the leading paver manufacturer and have used Carlson electric heating for sometime,Blaw Knox also seem to be classed as the poor mans paver in the States behind Caterpillar

Hi Paul,
Your post has intrigued me so i have started a new thread on screed heating in the pavor section :thumbup:
I want to rust out not wear out

Return to “Paving Equipment”