deutz f1l 210 engine

Discuss pavers, rollers, mills and other paving equipment here

Topic author
jim1961

deutz f1l 210 engine

Post #1 by jim1961 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:36 pm

deutz f1l 208/210 d engine.parts list
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hutch

Re: deutz f1l 210 engine

Post #2 by Hutch » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:10 am

Hi Jim
Looks very like the Deutz MAG engine Originally designed by MAG Engines of Switzerland and later produced by Deutz, fitted by Bomag into their BW 75 rollers and by Ransomes into their sit on mowers. Despite many statements that they were to discontinue support for this engine Deutz continue to supply parts but at a sky high price.A couple of years ago I had to fit a new dynamo and regulator to one of these engines and the cost of parts was near £650 after discount,a recon engine was near £4000 pounds

djhammerd

Post #3 by djhammerd » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:55 am

I'm a new member to this forum, so I'm not sure where to post a question. The issue I have involves a Duetz F1 210 L engine, so I hope this is a safe thread to add to.

I recently bought a water/waste pump which has this engine as part of it. I don't need a pump, so I want to remove it. I was able to remove the main pump body (casing), but have not been able to get the pump gear off. I have taken all the bolts from the large round cover on the side of the motor.... and from the remainder of the pump housing (which I assume has a sleeve that slides over and links into the engine crankshaft). Since there is no visible means of the pump being fastened to the crankshaft, I assumed I would be able to pull or push off the remaining pump housing. I have not been able to do that (I fabricated something to push the pump housing off the crankshaft, but it hasn't moved yet. I can freely turn the large round cover and the pump housing without turning over the motor (without my pusher in place). I have also been able to move the pump housing slightly away from the cover (only the clearance distance the pump itself has from the housing). I still assume that the pump is part of a unit that just slides onto the crankshaft, but if that is true, I should be able to force the pump unit off the crankshaft. I am (essentially) applying force to push the pump housing away from the large round cover. I'm assuming the pump housing is not held to the large round cover, except with the bolts I removed. I am able to apply a moderate amount of pressure between the motor housing and that round plate (without success either), but not nearly as much as I can with the pusher I made to push the pump housing away from it.

I am hoping that the pump, with its sleeve on the crankshaft (and housing that was bolted onto the large round cover) is just stubbornly hanging on and needs more encouragement to separate.

Does anyone know if my assumptions are correct... and all I should need to do is apply more pressure than I have? Obviously, I don't want to damage the engine.

The pump is a (Gorma Rupp Company) Series 10 Self Priming Centrifical Pump, Model 13E2-F1L 210 S/G. I have submitted a question to their customer service also, but have not yet received an answer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hutch

Post #4 by Hutch » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi David
My line of thinking is that the impeller on the end of the shaft has to be removed.If like on other centrifugal pumps this is threaded to the shaft with either a right or left hand thread depending on the direction of rotation of the engine.With the amount of rust I would suggest that you get the inner boss cherry red with an oxy torch and with a bar through the impeller give the bar a sharp tap to remove it .Once the impeller is removed the flange and flywheel plate can be removed exposing the connection between the flywheel and shaft which can then be disconnected.
Hope this helps
Paul

Return to “Paving Equipment”