Site rollers!

Discuss pavers, rollers, mills and other paving equipment here

Topic author
tone_rmz250

Site rollers!

Post #1 by tone_rmz250 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:17 pm

I thought i'd start a new thread on site rollers, lets see how many different types of rollers there are out there,
i'll start with a cat roller :thumbs_up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martyn williams

Re: Site rollers!

Post #2 by martyn williams » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:00 pm

These days there seems to be fewer types of rollers in use.The firm I worked for in the early 1980's has quite a few in the fleet as thet were agents for Stoddard and Pitt,Atkinson and Bomag.I went on a two week course on rollers on S& P at their Bath depot. Atkinson bought out Greens of Leeds,Atkinson rollers were rubbish.We spent all our time on warrenty repairs,the drive and vibrator clutch used to fly apart after a few days work. The S&P W71 rollers were much better. We also had Hatz engined Vibromax rollers that were old but reliable.Even the Bomag rollers had their problems,the swashplate motors used to play up a bit.We also had a few Dynapac rollers in the fleet.
Wish I had some pictures of these types.

Nick Drew

Post #3 by Nick Drew » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:51 pm

Here are some shots of one of the latest incarnations of the famous Bomag 120 roller that has been on hire on our site recently :thumbs_up:

Nick ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Robban_C

Post #4 by Robban_C » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:24 am

My Wacker roller that I bought a while ago.
It is a runner except for the vibrator for the front wheels. Is it called "wheels" in English?
Have to repair that some day.

I bought it with the idea that I should use it for compacting crushed 0-90 when filling up for foundations for houses. It weighs 1400 kg so it would probably make the filling quite compact. :thumbs_up:

If anybody has any documents such as a user manual or a workshop manual please let me know. :bow:

Yeah, yeah, I know that it is ugly but so am I so who cares? :mrgreen:
Anyway, I think it is almost old enough to be called a "Classic Machinery" making it perfect for this forum. :thumbs_up:
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Return to “Paving Equipment”