1974 Thomas Greens Roller

Discuss pavers, rollers, mills and other paving equipment here

BulldozerD11

Re: 1974 Thomas Greens Roller

Post #11 by BulldozerD11 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:58 pm

:wave: Hi 'Roller Lady' Sarah Welcome to CMN

yes can see the difference in roller width between the two versions. :thumbup:

Could you post a photo of yours for the viewers who do not read CP&M please

From the article looks like quite a few interesting bits of plant at that show. :)

Dorset is about as far south as i get usually, so not been to that one :(

Would you have a serial number/reg no. for your rollers to add to my list of known examples ?

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Roller Lady

Post #12 by Roller Lady » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi ya Dave

I am struggling to upload any photo's can anyone help me please !

Saz

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by Martyn Henley » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:19 pm

Hi Saz.... welcome to CMN

So you want to post a picture..great :thumbs_up: ..first thing you will have to do is know where on your computer the pictures are that you want to show ..so off you go and have a look, now remember the address where the picture are on your computer ...Now, before you go to the next stage,i want you to remember that when you follow the next stage a new page will appear, this message will appear in a panel called Topic review-board tips ..its near the bottom of the panel, you can read the next part of this post from there, saving you having to keep going back to the topic page...
right thats sorted now go to the bottom of the thread and click on POST REPLY and see you on the next page ...

:thumbs_up: great so far so good ... now then at the top of the screen is a clear panel that you write on, under that panel is a blue strip with Upload attachment written in orange ... there is a little button called Browse click on it .... now a smallish box will appear in your left hand corner ..in that box is the inside working of your PC .. now can you remember where those pictures were in your PC ?... now select a picture from your computer ..now click on it to open... now the address of that picture will appear in the box next to the browse button... next click the Add the file button and then another box will appear in the top left hand corner ... now wait till it finishes and the whole page will refresh its self... now in the bottom left hand corner of where your writing box is you will see a new button.. Place inline ... now when you have written what you want to say about the picture bring the cursor onto a new line underneath and leave it where it is flashing away ... now click on the Place in line button and your picture address will appear something like this [img]mypictureis[/img].. if in doubt click on the preview button and your picture will appear with your writting as it would appear in the thread..happy with it ..then click Submit ... if you want to practice then practice here but dont click the submit button ... now off you go and start posting with pictures in any of the threads you want to share with us ...
Hope this works for you ..if not Private message me

Topic author
bobby-gg

Post #14 by bobby-gg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:51 pm

progress so far.......

stripped paint and primered, top coats started

Still need a steering wheel if anyone can help

martyn williams

Post #15 by martyn williams » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:15 pm

Has it a tapered steering shaft ? you may be able to fit a tractor steering wheel to it such as a Fergie T20
Martyn

Topic author
bobby-gg

Post #16 by bobby-gg » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:32 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:Has it a tapered steering shaft ? you may be able to fit a tractor steering wheel to it such as a Fergie T20
Martyn

no it's splined and that's the problem

Looked at loads of Tractor steering wheels and they were all tapered/keywayed, this one is, off the top of my head, 48 spline with a diameter of 0.865"

Tried my JCB, but that was too small, someone has suggested Ford truck so going to try a cargo one out of interest next.

Rob.

martyn williams

Post #17 by martyn williams » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:08 pm

Can you modify the shaft to take a T20 wheel ? or contact Bill Dickens of the RRA,he is the motor roller expert
66 High St, Inchester, Northants nn29 7ab,he may be able to locate one for you.
Martyn

Topic author
bobby-gg

Post #18 by bobby-gg » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:51 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:Can you modify the shaft to take a T20 wheel ? or contact Bill Dickens of the RRA,he is the motor roller expert
66 High St, Inchester, Northants nn29 7ab,he may be able to locate one for you.
Martyn

I don't believe this, but the Cargo splines are correct......

just need to find an old Trader steering wheel now.

Return to “Paving Equipment”