Blaw Knox Pavers

Discuss pavers, rollers, mills and other paving equipment here

70's steve
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Blaw Knox Pavers

Post #511 by 70's steve » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:17 pm

I'm tempted myself , have been for a long while ,I also bought a book a while ago on eBay ," Black Top ,a history of the British Flexible roads industry " by J.B.F Earle , I will get round to reading it when I get a spare time Lol ,

70's steve

Post #512 by 70's steve » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:54 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hi all , hope you're all well ,been a while since it was updated with pictures etc , apologies if they're repeated ,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Diesel808
Flag: United States of America

Post #513 by Diesel808 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:55 pm

:wave:

I’ve had the pleasure of working on Blawknox-Knox pavers for a recent dispatch at Road & Highway Builders out in Hawaii, they have street and highway pavers. These old iron buggers were great to work on, good learning opportunities. The systems were basic and proven. Bout the hardest things to fix were the hydraulic hoses and some of the electrical because parts were getting hard to find. Otherwise they did the job great every time. :thumbup:

thompjas2008

Post #514 by thompjas2008 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:36 pm

Only just found this forum - wish I found it earlier !

so my dad worked for Kent County Council and drove a Blaw Knox PF90 and then a BK90 - as a child I would attend all 'service' schedules at the weekends, be there when the equipment was moved to another location and spend the holidays watching my dad and the gang lay the lovely smelling HRA.

here are a couple of photos of my dad - the lower image (bottom left on the Blaw Knox brochure) with him driving a PF90 and then the photo is him on the BK90 - I believe a road next to Tonbridge railway station.

The PF-90 was sold off to Lydden Hill circuit back in the early 80's - tried emailing them to see if its still there - no response....
Looks like the BK90 was last taxed back in 1999....

Dad was (for his sins) was heavily involved in testing the first Hydascreed system and then had the Telescreed fitted - mixed results as others have said in previous posts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #515 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:45 am

Hi Jason and welcome :wave: always nice to hear from people whose parents started out in the trade and who got to see the machines close up :thumbup:

Jeremy

70's steve

Post #516 by 70's steve » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:08 pm

sorry bit late in replying , hello and welcome ,good to hear from a fellow who started out like me ,I too was with my dad when he operated he pf 90 for tarmac roadstone southern ,like Jeremy mentions and very true words it was great to see these machines close up and at work , let alone sit on them lol,

v1230nm

Post #517 by v1230nm » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:51 pm

Hi.

Here are a couple of pictures whick also played an important role in the paving industry's toolkit.

Regards.

Neil. (v1230nm)

DCee
Flag: Zimbabwe

Post #518 by DCee » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:46 am

bograt wrote::dizzy:

:gooodpost:

Hi, I'm very late to the party haha, thanks for the post, I recently got a Blaw-Knox BK 90 D in need of a few repairs and I'm looking for as much info as possible; pictures, service, operators manuals etc

DCee
Flag: Zimbabwe

Post #519 by DCee » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:44 am

widget wrote:
70's steve wrote:hi all,
in my quest for old blaw knox paver pictures i've came across this site ,now im not sure it's german - dutch-austrian , but never the less excellent pictures with bk 90's ,barabra greens ,and some rollers ,as uasual over to you the panel to make your verdict !! lol :D
http://www.bouwmachinesvantoen.nl/bedri ... abloon.htm

Cracking find Steve, :thumbup:
Good variety there, pretty impressed with the averaging beams being used back then.
Does any one know when these were first used?

Hi, did you ever manage to save the pictures ??

mick h

Post #520 by mick h » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:28 pm

DCee wrote:
bograt wrote::dizzy:

:gooodpost:

Hi, I'm very late to the party haha, thanks for the post, I recently got a Blaw-Knox BK 90 D in need of a few repairs and I'm looking for as much info as possible; pictures, service, operators manuals etc

Return to “Paving Equipment”