Track marshall 1955

Discuss dozers here

jcb4cx
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Track marshall 1955

Post #21 by jcb4cx » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:39 pm

i had a similar problem with my D4 so i had the shaft lathed down and a new thread cut , then had a threaded boss made up and welded onto the front of the adjuster housing , did not cost very much
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
every village has one , is yours missing you

sumeas

Post #22 by sumeas » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:05 pm

thanks for the info fella's obviously a good second hand part is the easiest way out (both threaded sleeve and idler carrier) problem is waiting for one to appear and like i said are they the same across different models ???. Both other suggestions would solve it but i see them as plan B, i have made a couple of inquires at local engineering companies but they don't seem interested in one off stuff, alright if i want a hundred or so !!, for now i'll hang on for a bit and see if i get lucky somewhere, thanks all Seamus.

William White

Post #23 by William White » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:46 am

rebuilding a clutch and the manual says the front of the motor must have 15 thou clearance under it ......does any one know the reason for such a critical figure

marshallmp6

Post #24 by marshallmp6 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:09 am

The .015" lift was to ensure the front mounts carried the weight of the engine rather than letting it hang on the bell housing. It is a long time since I measured the lift when installing the engine...... I do it by ear until the minimum vibration is heard throughout the machine. I have been wreckingTrack Marshalls, Field Marshalls and Fowlers for over 50 years and still have new and second hand parts available for them.

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #25 by Mrsmackpaul » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:16 am

Welcome aboard William it seems I have some how missed your post as well you proberly think we are all a rude bunch here none of us answering you request
I wonder if something has been a miss with forum I check in almost every day

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Return to “Dozers”