CAT D8L

Discuss dozers here

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Re: CAT D8L

Post #11 by Joes1989 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:22 pm

I work for a groundworks and civil engineering company Clive! We mainly do schools,warehouse sheds and car parks etc.....we used to do alot of reduce digging etc when I first started with them but we don't seem to get alot of that now

Dowsett Boy

Post #12 by Dowsett Boy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Joes1989 wrote:I dream of getting to go on dozers as a living but unfortunately CITB are pricing me out of that dream! Im more than happy on 360's but id jump at the chance to get on dozers for a living!

The CITB with all their crap tickets and over the top safety really pisses me off.
It really was the beginning of the end when cscs cards etc started .
From personal experience young lads come on site with NVQs and dont know anything apart from health and safety.

bigkit

Post #13 by bigkit » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Not wrong there!

Joes1989

Post #14 by Joes1989 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:32 pm

I agree it's nuts! Stops the young lads from getting on the good stuff! I mean what happens when all the older guys retire and no young lads are there to replace them?

lynchy

Post #15 by lynchy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:03 pm

bigkit wrote:Its not that bad joe. I put a new lad through his CPCS dozer ticket. Cost me £1200 plus VAT outlay, he passed, got £870 back in the grant from CITB plus the VAT back through normal channels. I know its bullshit but in the end it cost me just over £300. I suggest you get a sponser to get you though it.

Live the dream

Problem is a lot of co's ain't that forward looking!Seems a lot I know are just keeping the 'older guys' going,not just the 'young uns' who fancy the 'dozer life',fancy being a 'grumpy' owld dozer driver myself lol!

diggerjones

Post #16 by diggerjones » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:17 pm

Dowsett Boy wrote:
Joes1989 wrote:I dream of getting to go on dozers as a living but unfortunately CITB are pricing me out of that dream! Im more than happy on 360's but id jump at the chance to get on dozers for a living!

The CITB with all their crap tickets and over the top safety really pisses me off.
It really was the beginning of the end when cscs cards etc started .
From personal experience young lads come on site with NVQs and dont know anything apart from health and safety.

for me it was the opposite, i worked on a farm when i left school back in the 80's and they had a old jcb 3 c i used to use. when the citb started the farmer told me you better get a liecence if you want to drive the jcb. so i did and ticked every box, even side loader :dizzy: . even ended up driving a dozer because i ticked the tractor box :lol: thinking it was a farm tractor. had my ticket since back then and used it say 3 times.

4FODENS

Post #17 by 4FODENS » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi to all out there I am new to this site but always been interested in all tyoes of plant & machinery, I have owned a D8 & a D4 in the past but as things went i sold them & have regretted it ever since. At the moment i am looking to buy some more cats what i want if anyone knows where i might find them or if anyone here wants to sell them is some more, I prefer the older type pre auto huydraulic drive because i have also had a couple of them & sold them because i prefer the mechanical type of clutch & slewing brakes. I now want a D6, a D8 & a D9 if possible with hyster logging winches on the rear. if anyone knows of any for sale i would love to here from them & about the machines. Regards Brian. & happy christmas to one & all.

diggerjones

Post #18 by diggerjones » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:13 pm

hi brian, sounds as though your starting a plant hire company :)

4FODENS

Post #19 by 4FODENS » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi Dylan, no not realy I am just interested & always had a yearning to own some cat machines & apart from the ones I did own for a while & times got hard so I sold them I now collect things like these cats & Foden Lorries plus I have always been for about 40 years doing heavy recovery of bogged & sunken machines on sites ,so they might come in handy to do some more if the occasions arise. as I said earlier the first D8K is on its way here from America at the moment & the D6 & D9 will follow soon after.

Ian Clark

Post #20 by Ian Clark » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:05 pm

Brings back lots of memories

Return to “Dozers”