Re: Track Marshall Dozer

Post #21 by trackson » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:47 am

Rob have you got a 5sp box and room fore a 6-354

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #22 by FOWLER MAN » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:27 am

Hi Rob,
The 110 in the pic has the fuel tank in the usual position behind the seat like all the other square style TMs. Yours its between the engine and seat like the older style 55s and 90s.
Sorry if that creates more confusion. :lol:
It looks to have 56 gearstick. Do the gears select by by pushing the lever to the sides or back and forward like a conventional box :?: :?:
Fred

Topic author
Aussie Rob

Post #23 by Aussie Rob » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:45 am

Hi Fred. CONFUSION BEFORE CONCLUSION! I dare say there will be more confusion before we hopefully find an answer. Gears are selected by pushing lever to the sides. 3 gears plus reverse. High/Low range lever stuck very tight in low range. Haven't really looked at that yet, as we have some hilly land and probably won't use high range anyway.
Thanks so much for your interest - will wait for next instalment. - Maybe we have a "Classic" - a Moore Machinery, one of, "Special"

Rob & Heather

Topic author
Aussie Rob

Post #24 by Aussie Rob » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:15 am

Hi John. Thanks for helping. It only has a 3 speed box. There is a bit of extra room there, but don't think a 6-354 would fit - but can't be sure without looking at one. Have now reverted back to the idea it is a 56. Just with the rams mounted where the 110 has them.
Would certainly be helpful if we could find someone who worked for Moore Machinery and had even a portion of the knowledge Fred has. :bow:

Rob & Heather

trackson

Post #25 by trackson » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi Rob Mores Machinery would have made the blade setup on your machine.
I have a fordson super major with a Mores Machinery frontend loader on it.
Maybe the track marshal has a 4-236 perkins in it 70hp
SOULLER ENGENERING OF CHINCHILLA QLD WERE SELLING AGENTS FOR TRACK MARSHALLS
JOHN

Mr_Bulldozer_UK

Post #26 by Mr_Bulldozer_UK » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi Rob
If it has grease track tension system, its could be a late TM55 or a TM56 (I have a late 5 roller 55 with Grease tensioner).
If track tension system is seized, have a look at the front rails where the front idler bearing assemblies slide on. I had one side sieze on mine. If you cannot free them with lubrication, it might pay to take the bolts out (Hidden in recessed holes, probably full of mud) and then drive the rails out with a long punch.(I recall you have to drive them out towards front of tractor)
But be careful, mine had shims fitted between the rail and frames. After cleaning bar up, you can slacken track off and work bar back into place and bolt it in. Its a pain to get bolts in, but not impossible.
Having done a bit of research, the PTO engagement lever on the top of the gearbox, appears the same as the in TM56 parts book I have. No pictures or sales brochures I have found of the 56 show a round cut out, in the bonnet side though ??
But I have found a picture of a 56 in New Zealand, with those Bottom roller guards fitted.
Hope this is of help

Topic author
Aussie Rob

Post #27 by Aussie Rob » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi Fred. Thanks for the info about the track tensioning. So much easier when you get info from the "people who know". I am so very lucky to have found this site. Can't believe how incredibly helpful everyone is. :claphands:

Rob & Heather

FOWLER MAN

Post #28 by FOWLER MAN » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Aussie Rob wrote:Hi John. Thanks for helping. It only has a 3 speed box. There is a bit of extra room there, but don't think a 6-354 would fit - but can't be sure without looking at one. Have now reverted back to the idea it is a 56. Just with the rams mounted where the 110 has them.
Would certainly be helpful if we could find someone who worked for Moore Machinery and had even a portion of the knowledge Fred has. :bow:

Rob & Heather

Thanks Rob & Heather,
Thats definitely a TM56 box then and the engine matches too.
Looks like a 56 that's been modified by the dealers.
They may have reverted to the earlier type and position for the fuel tank to accomodate the mounting of the rear end toolbar, which again I don't think is a Marshall-Fowler product.
It's no surprise because I know there are dealer moddified Fowler Challengers in Oz.,(from the same stable), with torque converter drives which never appeared here in the UK.
Fred

Topic author
Aussie Rob

Post #29 by Aussie Rob » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi Fred. Thanks for the latest info. - you're a legend! Well, it's taken some time, but oh so worth it. Will now feel reasonably confident we have a TM56, with a 70hp 4.236 (or 4.270D?) engine. --- But of course we stand to be corrected if further info becomes available. ! Would still love to hear any further info or advice anyone has to offer. Still have a way to go before she's ready to work - And then there's the chance of more problems - :roll:

MANY MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED It's greatly appreciated.

:D :brravo:

FOWLER MAN

Post #30 by FOWLER MAN » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:08 am

Hello again,
Your engine should be the 4-270, the 4-236 was used from the late 1970s and only in the Aveling Marshall "Britania."
I just thought, I've missed the obvious. :oops: :doh: :lol:
The engine No. was stamped near the back of the block on the inlet manifold side of the engine.
Tractor serial no should be on the opposite side stamped into the front corner of the tractors side channel.
Fred
Last edited by FOWLER MAN on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dozers”