Track Marshall Dozer

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
Aussie Rob

Re: Track Marshall Dozer

Post #11 by Aussie Rob » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:31 am

Hi Dave. Thanks for your input. From little info we have, are now thinking it is a 56, as it has the Perkins 4.27 engine, with 5 track rollers and 34 track plates each side. But we can't be sure. And then of course is the big question for us - Are we going to be able to get parts!

trackson

Post #12 by trackson » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi when were the TM50s built and the TM55 built and the square front model like Robs built
JOHN

Mr_Bulldozer_UK

Post #13 by Mr_Bulldozer_UK » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi Rob
Thats a tricky one, How do you adjust the tension of the tracks ? It will either be by a large nut or With a grease gun. That will help give a clue.
The tin work could well be specific to your location, like the blade equipment. I must say the bottom roller guards are something you dont normally see on a TM.
Fred

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #14 by FOWLER MAN » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:32 pm

trackson wrote:Hi when were the TM50s built and the TM55 built and the square front model like Robs built
JOHN

Hi John,
The TM50 was introduced in 1957. It was basicaly a Fowler VF with the single cylinder engine replaced by the Perkins L4.
This was updated to the TM55 when the Perkins 4-270 direct injection engine was introduced in 1959.
The agricultural models had four bottom rollers and the industrial version had five from the beginning, but five rollers became standard on all from 1970. Guards were an optional extra.
In 1970 Marshall-Fowler was formed and the 56 was introduced with the new square styling and the uprated 4-270, now producing 57 bhp.
Robs TM is a puzle, I certainly can't identify it, and I've always been round Marshall-Fowler stuff. The gear-box is certainly the type fitted to the 56 judging by the controls in the pic.
As far as I know the round Marshall badge like the one on Robs machine was never fitted to any of the square styled tractors. Not by Marshalls anyway. All that style of tractor had the TM badge.
The dozing equipment is strange to me too.
I hope this answers some of your questions. Any other Marshall-Fowler info. please ask.
Fred

Topic author
Aussie Rob

Post #15 by Aussie Rob » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:33 pm

Hi Fred. Thanks for the info. Track adjustment is with grease gun or will be - seized at present and dreading idea of fixing. (Don't suppose there is an easy way???) Sounds like we may never know what ours is - maybe Moore Machinery did a bit of "mixing" when assembling. Been lucky and found someone who has sent us a Manual for the TM 55, and has parts list for when we need it. Hoping these will cover the 56 as well??? (if that's what ours is). Has given us a phone no. where we should be able to get most parts. Once again, thank you.

Rob ("the mechanic") & Heather ("the researcher and typist")
Rob & Heather

trackson

Post #16 by trackson » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:39 am

Hi Rob i borowed a 931 seires manual of Ian
this is one of two pictures in it the other picure is of a TM55
looks the same as yours Rob
URL of the original image: http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc379/lanz3606/trackmarshall-1.jpg

FOWLER MAN

Post #17 by FOWLER MAN » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:44 am

Hello again,
Take the nipple out first and check that it passes grease.
If your track adjuster is seized and still won't pump out you may be able to release it by pulling it back first.
Just release the bleed plug and put a tow pin or bar on the sprocket tooth and reverse the tractor so that the pin runs round between the track chain and sprocket.
This should possibly pull the idler back and free the adjuster piston. You should then be able to pump it back up.
Your TM55 book probably shows a screw adjuster so heres a drawing of the hydraulic type.
img253.jpg

If you take out the two bolts holding cover E you will be able to see the adjusting sleve J in the gap between G and H.
The distance between G and H at this point should never excede 5 3/16 in. when fully adjusted.
Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by FOWLER MAN on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

FOWLER MAN

Post #18 by FOWLER MAN » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:04 am

trackson wrote:Hi Rob i borowed a 931 seires manual of Ian
this is one of two pictures in it the other picure is of a TM55
looks the same as yours Rob
trackmarshall-1.jpg

Hi John,
Looks as if it came out of the same Austrailian mold, but its a TM 110 and the 110 had a Perkins 6-354 six cylinder engine and a different gearbox with five forward and reverse ratios.
Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trackson

Post #19 by trackson » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:42 am

TM 110 May be the same look and TM 56 was the 4cyl model

Topic author
Aussie Rob

Post #20 by Aussie Rob » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:20 am

MANY MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE! Looks like ours! Now seems we may have a 110, but with a 4 cyl. engine. ??? (Have had head off, and it definitely is a 4 cyl.) Guy we bought if from said they had put another engine in and had used an adaptor plate when installing. But is it likely a 4.27 could replace a 6cyl, ( and why would you do that!! ) And that then raises the question about the gearbox. -
We are getting answers to some questions, - but they are leading to more questions. :dizzy:
Can anyone advise me where to look for specs. for the 110?
Fred - Thanks for the info. on the seized track adjustment - fingers crossed that will work.

Return to “Dozers”