Track Marshall Dozer

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
Aussie Rob

Re: Track Marshall Dozer

Post #41 by Aussie Rob » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi John. Sounds like you have a big job ahead of you. Hope I don't have to go down that track. Previously had a Ford F700 tipper with water in the oil - never did find out what the problem was.
Rob & Heather

marshallmp6

Post #42 by marshallmp6 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:32 am

Rob ..... Your machine is a genuine Track Marshall 55, 939 series (circa early 1970s) fitted with a Moore angle and tilt dozer blade and looks like probably a modified Moore canopy. The last few Track Marshalls sold by Moore Road Machinery had this styling and some (but not all) had the blade cylinders mounted beside the radiator as yours does. I believe this model was a "special" build by Marshalls (maybe exclusively) for Moore Road Aust. and there was possibly only around half a dozen sold in Australia. My enquiries at the Marshall factory in Gainsborough revealed little info about the 939 series although this is understandable as at that time Track Marshalls were built at the Fowler factory in Leeds. I do have a Spare Parts Book for 939 model and it is undoubtedly a genuine Marshall/Fowler production.They were basically identical to the TM55 931 series except they had a different fuel tank, bonnet and hard nose. Some also had hydraulic track adjusters.Track Marshall had sold well in Australia during the 50/60s but sales were slowing by the 70s and this updated machine was an attempt by Moores to regain some sales. What they really needed was more power ie. the Track Marshall 75 (75 hp) to compete with the likes of Fiat 70ci/AT7c etc. I have been playing in, on and around Marshall and Fowlers for around 60 years now and whilst still learning I have learnt an odd trick so if you need any help I may be able to help. Cheers Don.

Topic author
Aussie Rob

Post #43 by Aussie Rob » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:05 am

Thanks so much Don. Has been quite challenging trying to find out what it is. Thanks to this site had come to the conclusion it must be a 56, so hadn't made any further enquiries. Now nice to have a definite answer. Have previously been given your name as the person to contact when the time comes for parts and information, so will be in touch sometime in the future. Have been working on tractors for past couple of months, but will hopefully get back to the dozer soon. Once again, MANY THANKS. :D
Rob & Heather

trackson

Post #44 by trackson » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:26 am

Thanks Don i found the number hard to make out 67301?6 i will clean it up when it stops raining
John

tanllanfarm

Post #45 by tanllanfarm » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:44 am

I only found this site today and the information on it regarding tensioning the tracks ( grease nipple type ) and adjusting the brake bands is incredible.

Tanllan farm is in mid Wales Uk and wet. I had been looking for a tracked machine with 3 point links and a dozer blade to do land improvement work. A Track Marshall 56 has been purchased and looks to meet all my requirements once the above adjustments have been made.

I have one question for the group though the brake peddle is very loose and does not appear to function how is it adjusted? and there is a small lift and lock lever to the right of the seat that would on a tractor be the foot brake lock on is it and if so it is not working.

There is going to be a lot of welding to the cab tin work but that's only mig work the rest of the machine looks ok and works well. I will try to get some pictures uploaded next week for all to see

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #46 by FOWLER MAN » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:34 pm

Hi,
The pedal opperates both brakes through a compensator mechanism under the seat/tank.
It is important to keep this mechanism clean, free, and lubricated, they often seize.
If your pedal is loose maybe the compensator is seized or the retun springs are missing or broken.
The small lever you refer to is indeed a brake latch as you thought.
The only other adjustment not covered in posts here is the clutch.
That should be1-1/2 in. of free play at the pedal. It can be adjusted by removing the plate adjacent to the clutch pedal from the left hand side channel.
Behind this you will find the long adjuster nut and locknut, it has left and right hand threads so turning it will lengthen or shorten the rod to achieve the correct pedal adjustment. Make sure the pedal return spring is in good order.
Fred

jbeatty

Post #47 by jbeatty » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:21 pm

Greetings Rob and Heather. I have also owned a TM 55 939 series dozer since the early seventies which I have just recently restored.
As Don says they were imported and equipped by Moore Road Machinery. Mine also has the A/T blade, 3 tyne rippers and (different) canopy. I also have the original 939 series handbooks that came with it. My serial no is 9392794.

Best features: Perkins 4-270D engine: Moore hydraulic system: hydraulic adjusters; Extra heavy duty front suspension crank. Donaldson dry element air cleaner.

Worst features: weak final drives (bearings, axles, gears) Cletrac steering system, but it grows on you eventually)

Mine now has Cat D4D chains, rollers and Cat 933 24 tooth sprockets. Most other parts are interchangeable with standard TM 55's

If you have water in the sump, it may be caused by a corroded sleeve.

Cheers! James
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Dozers”