Blaw knox dozer ?????

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Blaw knox dozer ?????

Post #1 by FOWLER MAN » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:05 am

Hi,

Every lad of my generation will remember the "Dinky Toy Blaw Knox Dozer". :think:
Dinky Toy.jpg

I always thought there had been some mistake as it apeared to me to be a Cletrac. :?
I have been doing some research and it appears that Blaw Knox marketed Cletrac tractors in the UK. :thumbup:
The pic. below is from a "Mecano Magazene" from the early 1950s. It shows a Blaw Knox dozer with B-K cable blade. I beleive it is a "Cletrac DD", a 61 D.B.Hp.Herculese engined machine.
If you look closely you can see the Diamond B-K logo on the bonnet as well as the Cletrac logo on the seat.
img223.jpg
Cletrac DD production.jpg

The Dinkey Model was of the bigger more powerfull "Cletrac FD" a 95 D.B.Hp. machine also Herculese powered, and pictured below.
Blaw Knox FD.jpg

I owned a dozer with B-K equipment and worked on a B-K 50 navvy in the 60s, hence my interest in the marque.
It is strangely difficult to find much info on B-K who were a major player in the industry.:think:

The advert below featuring the B-K Goliath motor scraper gives a fair indication of the product range. The excavators and motor graders were well used by Army and Airforce engineers.
Blaw Knox.jpg

My research continues.
Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
FOWLER MAN

Re: Blaw knox dozer ?????

Post #2 by FOWLER MAN » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi,
Heres another pic of the FD that Dinkey modeled. If you look closely you can see the B-K Diamond Logo on the side arms. The engines developed 113 h.p so they were simila weight, (12 tons bare), and power to the D7 of the time.
I wonder if there are any of these Blaw-Knox marketed tractors in preservation :?: :?:

Info on B-K products is scarce, but it seems they had a go at hydraulics as well as cable control on the Goliath scrapers.
I wonder if they were any good in their day :?: :?:
These had AEC AV690 11.3 litre engines. Cab must have been a rare thing in those days, :o Cick out the glass to start the air-con. :lol: :lol:
Fred
Blaw-Knox (Cletrac) FD.jpg
Goliath 10-13 yd cable control box. AEC 150 hp..jpg
Goliath box with Hydraulics.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
FOWLER MAN

Re: Blaw knox dozer ?????

Post #3 by FOWLER MAN » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:18 pm

Found a decent pic of the FD, (Dinkey Blaw-Knox), pulling a box.
Fred
Cletrac Dozer FD.jpg

Return to “Dozers”