Some more old pictures

Post #1 by Neversweat » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:23 am

Enjoy :D :thumbs_up:

Steve

Nick Drew

Re: Some more old pictures

Post #2 by Nick Drew » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:29 am

Fantastic Stuff Steve,

Where did you find these old jems ? were they at Aldermarston too ??

That D4 or 5 looks like a German import if the cab is anything to go by :dizzy:

Nick :mrgreen:

John Gaunt
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by John Gaunt » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:45 am

Nice pictures, Steve, thanks for posting them.

David D6 9U

Post #4 by David D6 9U » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:02 am

On first sight, I thought the first two photographs had been taken in B100 back garden - lol!

d4c24a

Post #5 by d4c24a » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:31 am

most of the trackmarshall is in china now ;) i have the boughton winch in a shed ,the tracks and sprockets rollers etc went to a man in devon i think via ebay,the machine was once owned by claude fenton who my dad worked for ,it spent its last 20 odd years on a farm and ended up down a bank with only clutch/brake working ,it got pulled up the bank and was seized,the head was removed and it was left open to the eliments for a number of years :( i was given it and removed any good bits and weighed the rest in :) which brought new parts for the D4 :thumbs_up: and some guinness along the way :D
cheers graham
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Deas Plant

Post #6 by Deas Plant » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:43 pm

Hi, Neversweat.
Thanks for posting. We didn't get to see much Fowler or Track-Marshall stuff DownUnder, mostly due to lack of dealer back-up and service coupled with poor marketing, I suspect. The Field Marshall wheel tractors were quite common in days gone by and gave good service and I've seen a few Marshall MP6's around here and there. However, I think I could count on my fingers the numbers of Fowler and Track Marshall crawlers that I have seen. I doubt I'd have to take my boots off.

Thanks again.
You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

marshallmp6

Post #7 by marshallmp6 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:33 am

Some info for you Deas.......There were 697 Track Marshall 50/55 tractors sold in Australia from 1958 to early 1970. Over 600 were sold through Brisbane branch of Moore Road Machinery. They were very popular with Farmers and Graziers for land devolopment but Queensland Rail, Qld. Main Roads and Qld. Forestries used large numbers as well as interstate Government Departments. Many of these machines are still working even though the youngest of them is now around 40 years old. There were quite a number of Challenger 3s a few Challenger 1s and 4s and only 2 Challenger 33s bought into Australia. The Challenger 2/22 were never imported into Australia. The Track Marshall 55 was an outstanding little machine, being economical to buy and operate, easy to work on and reliable as well. they didn't however have all the power assisted mod/cons that we have today. Thought this might interest you. Cheers Don.

Deas Plant

Post #8 by Deas Plant » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi, MarshallMP6.
Thanks for the update. I knew a few of them had come into DowNunder. I didn't know how many. The Denmark Shire Council in Southern Western Australia had one back in the early 1960's. It usually seemed to be there on the job when they wanted it, but it was a bit out of its league when it came to clearing in that country. That is the home of some of the biggest timber anywhere in Australia.

Re not seeing much much Fowler or Marshall stuff DowNunder, I was speaking in relative terms. There was a LOT more of other manufacturers tractors made it into DowNunder. F'rinstance, I'd bet that there were a LOT more Cat D2's, D4's or D6's or IH TD6's or TD9's imported into Australia than there were Track Marshalls of any or even all sizes.

Wheel tractors - ditto.
You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #9 by FOWLER MAN » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi Steve ,
Great set of pictures , is the old Fowler still alive or has that gone to China too? I had one with an Onions scraper winch like the photo. I used it with an Onions 9/11 yard. box, it wasnt a bad outfit in its day.
My Fowler rennovation has taken a back seat last few weeks, lorrys for plating instead.
Fred

Topic author
Neversweat
Flag: Great Britain

Post #10 by Neversweat » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:49 am

FOWLER MAN wrote:Hi Steve ,
Great set of pictures , is the old Fowler still alive or has that gone to China too? I had one with an Onions scraper winch like the photo. I used it with an Onions 9/11 yard. box, it wasnt a bad outfit in its day.
My Fowler rennovation has taken a back seat last few weeks, lorrys for plating instead. Fred

Hi Fred
These were taken about 20 years ago - The CAT still survives though but not the rest :(
Steve

Return to “Dozers”