Some sheduled maintenance

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
nick lamb

Re: Some sheduled maintenance

Post #41 by nick lamb » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi all;went down to the tractors on friday to see the lads right for christmas and to collect the hours for invoicing.They were both standing in the bottom of the pit looking wet!!The D8 had been working at the start of the week but had been abandoned due to the wet weather.I put a new battery on it as it had been loosing it's charge and was requiring a jump start occasionally.Put it to work for a couple of hours then tramped it up to the top for the holliday period.Tracks dug out;refuelled and greased up it will stand untill the weather picks up in Jan.Overall it's done alot of work this year and has behaved well.(for a D8!}.
The D5 was busy but has been throwing various hydraulic seals and pipes this month but can't really complain as it's a nice little yolk.It has a fuel pump seal leaking which a well known board member here will be sorting in the new year.Watch this space........
Clive;hope you get the D4 sorted before the mice move in.
Anyway;all the very best in the new year to you all and remember to be carefull out there as they say!......
:wave: :wave:

Topic author
nick lamb

Post #42 by nick lamb » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Went down the pit on friday to put the D8 to work for the first time since the holliday.It didn't start...buggered about with the terminals and cleaned them up and put some new rubber under them under the watchfull eye of T.C.It decided to work and I tramped it back into the pit where it's dozing out a new lake.T.C was there to cure a leak on the D5 fuel pump.It's been weeping a while and it should be running on monday.The dark night and quarry regulations to be up at the top for 5pm beat him so we'll get back to it on monday.
I will try and snap a few pics as it was too foggy yesterday.

Topic author
nick lamb

Post #43 by nick lamb » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Here's a very nice landrover belonging to one of the board members :mrgreen: .
Both machines have been working this week and I'm trying to find time to get down there again next week as the D5 is out of time on it's service and needs a powerwashing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #44 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:15 pm

Nice pics Nicky :claphands: who's is the baby elephant stood next to you (look at the shadows) ? :lol: :lol:

Jeremy

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #45 by bigkit » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Jeremy Rowland wrote:Nice pics Nicky :claphands: who's is the baby elephant stood next to you (look at the shadows) ? :lol: :lol:

Jeremy

Love it, next competition will be a caption one! :lol:

I guess thats Tony Coates................at least I think that'll be his landrover? :?:

Neversweat

Post #46 by Neversweat » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Jeremy Rowland wrote:Nice pics Nicky :claphands: who's is the baby elephant stood next to you (look at the shadows) ? :lol: :lol:

Jeremy

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well spotted Jeremy :thumbup:

Topic author
nick lamb

Post #47 by nick lamb » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:52 pm

I see what you mean about the elephant :o
TC will be most flattered.

Topic author
nick lamb

Post #48 by nick lamb » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:41 pm

serviced the D5 on friday and managed to see the D8 working on the lake job with a new Volvo 210.Due to the water table I decided to check the final drives on the D8 to make sure no water got in.You have to stand back just incase they are over full with oil transfere or ,worse still,water and you get covered.As it was they were fine and just took a swig each from the oil can :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
nick lamb

Post #49 by nick lamb » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:48 pm

Had a welder down at the pit on Tuesday to weld some wear plates on the D5 and also patch up a dent in the D8 left by scrapers on the pushplate.Didn't get down there myself as unusually busy at the yard still.
Ended up going on friday morning anyway as the D8 sheared a little bolt on the fuel pump.Had it drilled out and fitted a new injector pipe bracket to stop it happening again.I also fitted some new blade ram packing bearings whilst I was there.I think some cutting edges will be needed soon on the 8.....

tctractors

Post #50 by tctractors » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Good to see your keeping upto speed on the tractors Nicky, the "Firm" me have had nothing but nightmare jobs for the past 5 weeks, I am looking forward to a day off to work on my CAT shovel in a week or 2,its been sunny as hell all week sadly I have been stuck in a workshop, the Worlds gone mad or I have as I even gave a good job away to a pal, its not something I am known for, anyhow keep it lit.

tctractors

Return to “Dozers”