Fiat 50 c crawler info

Discuss dozers here

international1020

Re: Fiat 50 c crawler info

Post #61 by international1020 » Sat May 17, 2014 10:16 am

Removed the pilot today,,Figured out it threw a rollpin at speed from the mag drive and caused the coupling to lock up..
I will give Ian a ring once I locate the number .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DAJOCAT
Flag: Netherlands

Post #62 by DAJOCAT » Sun May 18, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi Marco 773 , I remember I met a Fiat 50C in France some 12 years ago and made a picture . Later , when I observed the pic better I found an electric startermotor just under the pony (or do you say donkey?) . I put an arrow on the photo . Is this an electric starter ? And if so , does it start the pony ?
All the best with the repairs . The Netherlands , DAJOCAT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #63 by Mrsmackpaul » Sun May 18, 2014 10:05 pm

I find it quite interesting how we call this petrol starter motor something different everywhere we go in Australia we call it a "pilot motor" other places as you describe a "pony or a donkey motor" wonder what else it get's called around the world Im sure it's a lot of swear words at time lol

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

international1020

Post #64 by international1020 » Mon May 19, 2014 1:19 pm

Just finished getting all the broken bits out from the gearside of the pilot. Not only is the mag gear gone but the camgear has damage that will hurt the crank gear if I dont repair, or change that as well. Not a lot of luck hunting down a bloke called "Ian" through this thread by past posts recommended to me; but Iv'e left a msg by phone to the only phone number made available to Mick or Mike..As yet theres no reply..Will try all the tractor sites but I doubt my luck..Fortunately for me there's a machine shop in town that still makes special order parts if needed and charges like a wounded bull.

Mrsmackpaul

Post #65 by Mrsmackpaul » Wed May 21, 2014 5:41 am

sent you a PM the other day did the contact work out ?

Paul

international1020

Post #66 by international1020 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:54 am

Apologies for the late reply but my PC went down and I've just got it back this afternoon.
The contact info did work and I've purchased a spare pilot that should get mine going again..
A big thankyou for the info and also for the sale of the pilot itself. :bow:
Since it is off the machine I will give it a good look over and replace the numerous welch plugs etc before it goes back on.

Mrsmackpaul

Post #67 by Mrsmackpaul » Wed May 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Richard thats good to hear Im still good for something sometimes wonder about my computer skills though dont forget to keep us updated

Did Ian happen to mention how he got on in the and with his crook motor ?

seeya and good luck

Paul

international1020

Post #68 by international1020 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi again,
I got a look at the engine block while I was there and the busted studs are still in..I think he's resigned himself to the fact that the liners have to come out..More interesting was the look I got at his 50 and 55? dozers.His 50 is a baby compared to mine.If you took the radiator,engine,rearend,pilot,drive sprockets,idlers and tinwork from his 50 and put the seat,tracks,final drives and all the blade gear from his 55 you would have my 50.This makes me wonder if he could use the final drives and "suspension" from the 55 and put his sprockets/narrow tracks etc on the 50..That way the whole blade setup and hydraulics would go straight on with zero mods..Also discussed engine numbers with regard to date of manufacture..His were numbered so that the last four digits could be taken as a month and a year (10-october,,56-1956 not the actual numbers but an example).But when I checked mine they were 503876 (example only,not my real numbers).Meaning the 38th month of 1976.
No-where near a logical build date.Also worthy of note was the water outlet on the pilot.The 50 pilot butts up to the rear of the head and has a wedge and O rings to an inlet in the middle of the pilot timing cover.The 55 pilot is identical but has an outlet off to one side of the very top of the engine where a more sensible radiator hose can be easily replaced.When I get a free day I will get some happy snaps for comparison if anyone is interested..

Mrsmackpaul

Post #69 by Mrsmackpaul » Fri May 30, 2014 10:03 pm

I think reading back thru the posts everyone wondered how he was going to drill those studs he never mentioned that he could push the sleeves out any way at least you no of another couple of machines about

Paul

Mrsmackpaul

Post #70 by Mrsmackpaul » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:05 pm

Richard there is one of these Fiats on Ebay at the moment in OZ http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FIAT-Bulldozer-/251544088653?pt=AU_HeavyMachinery&hash=item3a9132304d&_uhb=1 just thought it might be good for some parts
Paul

Return to “Dozers”