Post #2 by Nick Drew » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:57 pm

Great Stuff as usual Nicky ;)

Thanks for posting :thumbs_up:

Nick :mrgreen:

Topic author
nick lamb

Re: D8H engine

Post #3 by nick lamb » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:01 pm

Thats me on the hyd tank.Since these pics were taken the tractor has been out on 3 jobs where it has more than proved its perfomance.Its also got its working clothes on now which I prefere than its showroom condition.I feel that the money spent on it so far is justified now its been out on site so I am quite happy to go the rest of the way.I have put new edges on the blade and have new trunnions and caps in the workshop for it.The trackframes are currently being done and the final drives will be opened up this Christmas.I will post some pics of the finals for T.C.just in case he hasnt seen them before! :lol:

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by tctractors » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:30 pm

I have gone off Final drives a bit Nicky as I have had a fair run of them the last 6 months, I am now looking for the high drive jobs as they are simple to pull to bits.
Today I jangled back into place the reconditioned (with no new parts????) torque unit, to the D6H that " Calved Down " the other day, the Fog and temp, made this a right dull experience,
tctractors

P.S. I see your Chariot is fitted with rotorvator track adaptors.

Robban_C

Post #5 by Robban_C » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:59 pm

nicky lamb wrote:... tinwork ...

Well, my English is a little rusty but I guess that is exactly what you are talking about? :D
Rust repairs?
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Topic author
nick lamb

Post #6 by nick lamb » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Hi Robban, your English is fine as you guessed correctly.
T.C Sorry youve gone off finals.so have I in the past.Theyre never cheap to repair.
Worked on the trackframe today.Its in reasonable shape but will need some work.Hope to post pics at the weekend.

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #7 by tctractors » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:23 pm

If your F/drives need work, dont be slow to ask, I still like a few "BoB" you ubviously have someone handy local to sort them , its not the pulling down that is a snag, its the building back up, the first bearing set in the outer hub needs pressing home correctly, if there is any damage inside its worth pulling the dead shaft to clear all the crap from the oil-gallery that feeds the outer bearings, also the pre-load is so important,if you are pulling down both sides together its worth swaping sides with the dead shafts (they will be bent) also the bull gears+hubs and the intermediate gear set, dont forget the max spine distance .25 I have pressed the sproket so the hub splines poke past the splines on the sprocket , it works as long as you adjust the bearing spacer, dont forget to check the oil pumps, after all that ,leave the outer cap off and run the sprocket around in 2nd rear to check that oil pumps out through the centre of the shaft (forwards)
if you get in the #hit give me a ring tctractors

Topic author
nick lamb

Post #8 by nick lamb » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:30 pm

Thanks for the offer TC.Kieth Hallsall does all my work for the last 20 years or so but he will retire someday so I might take you up on your offer if its still there.I have shimmed the splines to get the correct load in the past without problems.Your right about checking the oil pumps.So many people overlook them.I only ever use CAT bearings and seals in them but i confess to using aftermarket bullgears and pinions sometimes when moneys tight.I will be calling Jimmy Gaughan if I need any.I would rather use old Cat gears than new non Cat.
The final drives are showing no outward signs of problems but experience tells me that can mean NOTHING!

Return to “Dozers”